McLaren LSE on Automobile

n8bachelor

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Interesting article on Automobile Magazine about the LS. Apparently the "McLaren" treatment was/is "available" for our cars. :cool:

Sure would be cool to have the blown 3.9L with a Tremac 6-speed manual.

Too bad it never panned out.

Here's the article:

0206_nyshow+2003_lincoln_lse+front_right_view.jpg

In a blatant attempt to drive Charlie Ryan to drinkin', a prototype of the latest hot rod Lincoln made its debut in New York. The "Powered by McLaren Engines" Lincoln LSE is equipped with an Eaton supercharger that adds 98 horsepower to the 3.9-liter V-8, for a total of 350. McLaren also paired the engine with a Tremec six-speed manual transmission. The full McLaren treatment includes a lowered ride height, upgraded brakes, and eighteen-inch O-Z wheels. Expect 0 to 60 mph to take about 6.2 seconds. The LSE modifications—$18,000 all told for the complete engine/brakes/suspension/ wheels/six-speed—will be available this fall through as many as 100 Lincoln dealers nationwide. How far will McLaren's expertise extend to future high-performance Lincolns? According to Steve Rossi, CEO of McLaren Performance Technologies: "Across the full Lincoln portfolio."

Apparently the "E" is for wheeeeee

0206_nyshow+2003_lincoln_lse+front_right_view.jpg

wow thats nice, and look at the side mirrors, theres lights in them, where can we get them at?

yeah - it wasn't even close to coming out. Ford never worked with McLaren on the PCM coding required to make the Supercharger work - and the car was too low volume for McLaren to reverse engineer it. THis is long before SCT and Ford clarifying the PCM trend used in all it's newer vechiles.

The car was sold on e-bay with the motor returned to stock.

I read about it years ago. A few times I wondered if they were any of them out there. Too bad. Even just the 6-speed would do worlds for the car.

Does anyone know if when the car was sold it had the 6 speed?

quik, get on it man, we all need supercharged LS's...can we get then by the end of '07?...nah, but seriously i want more power...how about a stroker engine?

quik, get on it man, we all need supercharged LS's...can we get then by the end of '07?...nah, but seriously i want more power...how about a stroker engine?

Been there.... The numbers I posted will likely be the top numbers from my setup for a while. We are now working on #2 and shaking out all the things needed for the kit.

there is not stroker kit - so you would have to make one. The Jag 4.0L would be the place to start since it hase the same bore and block but a 1cm longer stroke.

not sure it would make enough power increase to be worth the $$$$

Members online

No members online now.
Back