May be a stupid question..but still need an answer

WishyouhadaLS?

LVC Member
Reaction score
So ive looked but cant find a pic. of rear wheels...i want to paint my calipers, my question is do you paint front and rear calipers or only fronts... please if this is a stupid question spare me...if any one has pics of a white ls with painted calipers please post...preferably red

Most paint all four im pretty sure Mlara1129 has his calipers painted search for his pics he has a white Ls.

I did my calipers (front and rear) in aluminum hi temp engine paint and the caliper mounts in black. Looks better than red IMO

thanks i had just never seen pics of the rear ones done and i didnt want to be the moron that did all 4 and everybody be like wtf

I also need to paint mine as well hite337 did you paint them while they were still assembled on the car?

I also need to paint mine as well hite337 did you paint them while they were still assembled on the car?

Nope, I removed them and did it the right way. Much better result than on my '00 when I painted them on the car.

Heres a few different ways you can paint the calipers
4-8-10.jpg

100_1506.jpg

100_1850.jpg

Or for a glossy/smooth finish, powder coat

The fronts with the red lincoln star will be going on sale in a few weeks.

012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

I think pektel has only his fronts done. I think he said he wanted to just try out a pair to see how he liked it before doing all 4 and just never got around to finish.

I like the calipers and brackets done in one color, it ties both together and makes your brakes look bigger. Painting them 2 different colors separates the caliper from the bracket and makes the calipers look smaller, just saying.

Do the calipers interchange between gen 2 and gen1?

edit: nevermind looked it up that sucks,very nice calipers good luck with the sale.

Members online

Back