Matte Black Lincoln????

that isnt a good flat black paint job, that looks more like a primer. im in the process of painting my 97 mark flat black right now. ill post pics whenever its done, should be a week or less!

i think only certain "genras" of cars can pull off satin black or satin anything..rat rods or some 60s-70s muscle cars..if you're going to paint it satin black you better have something to back up the look under the hood..

this mustang combined with the rims he has looks pretty badass

DSCN8213-1.jpg

Buddy of mine has a 95 T-Bird V8 in primer with a cowl hood that he drives around, and it doesn't look too bad. It looks better like that than it did before he shot it in primer, and there wasn't anything wrong with the paint (it was just that tan color they came in that doesn't look very sporty). Of course, he's also running straight pipes, so between the primer, the size of it, and the sound, it almost gives off the feeling of an old muscle car. After seeing his, I thought about something like that on a Mark since I'm trying to figure out exactly which way I want to go whenever I find another. I think that color could look good if done right, but I don't think that's the way I'm going to go.

Heres the thing, If you are gonna paint flat black, matte, satin,etc. You deffinately have to look into a good brand of paint Example: House of Kolors is in my opinion the best . But there are other companys that are not to shy of these guys. They wouldnt throw black primer on a $300k Lambo or a $100k Porsche just to save a few bucks. Believe it or not now they have Satin clears to give you that matte effect on your stock colors. I recently saw a Mercedes CLS 63 AMG that was " Induim Grey Metallic" with a Satin clear all I have to say it was Bad Ass looking. The Marks look great with the metallics and high gloss clears because of the roundness they have. BUT with the right product and Imagination anything is possible. BTW what spray guns are you using?

Heres the thing, If you are gonna paint flat black, matte, satin,etc. You deffinately have to look into a good brand of paint Example: House of Kolors is in my opinion the best . But there are other companys that are not to shy of these guys. They wouldnt throw black primer on a $300k Lambo or a $100k Porsche just to save a few bucks. Believe it or not now they have Satin clears to give you that matte effect on your stock colors. I recently saw a Mercedes CLS 63 AMG that was " Induim Grey Metallic" with a Satin clear all I have to say it was Bad Ass looking. The Marks look great with the metallics and high gloss clears because of the roundness they have. BUT with the right product and Imagination anything is possible. BTW what spray guns are you using?
Oh I forgot.. there is a company out there I believe its called "Hot rod Flatz" that specializes in hot rod paints that sells Single Stage Flat paint in all types of colors.. just food for thought :)

Members online

Back