Massachusetts Emissions

It should be OK, but drive the car around town for at least 15 minutes before you go for the test. The cats need time to warm up. Where in MA are you? Would you be interested in a southern New England/MA meet this summer?

Hey blk I work next door to ya at the Honda Dealer :q in North Reading...I got my 89 to pass by doing the 2 speed idle test??? I think thats what its called...
If you know someone that does emission tests...that should work for ya

ND4SPDLSC said:
It should be OK, but drive the car around town for at least 15 minutes before you go for the test. The cats need time to warm up. Where in MA are you? Would you be interested in a southern New England/MA meet this summer?

There's also some sort of gas additive that you can dump in the tank and I believe they guarantee a pass on your emissions test. Now if I could just remember the name.... Anyhow, probably any auto parts store would have it or something similar.

There is another way.....get the gas down to about a 1/4 tank and dump in 6-7 bottles of drygas...then take it up on the highway and warm it up...
the alcohol will be circulated enough to drop the emissions...alcohol burns cleaner....

just my $.02

Black87LSC said:
Talon what color is your mark?
White with faded blue pinstripes...yours is parked right down the street...I go by it everyday...looks real sharp

Members online

Back