Mark8 vs Harley

KStromberg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Since many here like to start threads like this, now it's my turn. :rolleyes:

Just got the car back tonight, wasn't even half way home and some lane swervin' loudass skinhead Harley nut must have heard the exhaust and seen the decal and wanted to play. We left the next light and I came to the conclusion he should have been on a crotch rocket instead. :shifty:

So sad, I never even had the chance to hear his exhaust. :(

Neither were Mark8s LOL. You can say that again. The way these guys romp on em around my house, you can hear them for a mile away. Up until now, I thought that went hand-in-hand with performance, but I guess for them it's all about exhaust. :shifty:

Orly? I'd be more than pissed. I rarely see a guy on a Harley that isn't driving like a dikwad.

a guy was trying to pass everyone in the turn lane right as I was entering it, bounced his knee off my door hard enough to dent it, managed to catch himself without falling, then sped off.

Bikes

Both me and my girl ride Harleys. I fit the image but not the actions you describe. We both have loud pipes on the bikes so f-heads hear us coming and don't run over us. Old saying is loud pipes save lives. Just like us Mark guys, bikes have their own performance sound- whether Harley or rice rocket.
I see more idiots on crotch rockets than on Harleys- back wheel rides at 75 on the interstate while their moron buddies film them from a car- both endangering other drivers.
By installing low back pressure exhaust, stage II jet kits, software downloads and cams, we get the same benefits as the power adders on Marks.

Last Friday, a f**kin' cage driving moron idiot ran a red light, causing my girl to t-bone him in the passenger door. Never saw her or the red light- now she gets a new stainless set of joints in her elbow, lifetime scars- physical and mental, and a totaled bike. So if loud pipes make one more of these idiots aware that our bikes are there, I'll make it as loud as I can.

That said, the fastest street Harley won't run with a healthy crotch rocket, or a quick street car. Its called 1903 engine design versus modern engineering. The sound, the look and the attitude(biker cool) are all part of the Harley mystique. Ride one once and you'll get it- torque that'll strech your arms from idle up in every gear, no shifting to climb hills, smoothest and most stable handling and more women wanting to get on the bike than almost any car ever!
Harleys are like hot rods- if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand! LOL!!!!

I liked Harleys back in the day. When only cops and outlaws rode em.

Here where I live it seems mostly middle-aged clowns with a mid-life crisis get them. And spend WAY to much money on gear. Like "Harley-Davidson" leather jackets that are hecho en Mexico. Posers.

Both me and my girl ride Harleys. I fit the image but not the actions you describe. We both have loud pipes on the bikes so f-heads hear us coming and don't run over us. Old saying is loud pipes save lives. Just like us Mark guys, bikes have their own performance sound- whether Harley or rice rocket.
I see more idiots on crotch rockets than on Harleys- back wheel rides at 75 on the interstate while their moron buddies film them from a car- both endangering other drivers.
By installing low back pressure exhaust, stage II jet kits, software downloads and cams, we get the same benefits as the power adders on Marks.

Last Friday, a f**kin' cage driving moron idiot ran a red light, causing my girl to t-bone him in the passenger door. Never saw her or the red light- now she gets a new stainless set of joints in her elbow, lifetime scars- physical and mental, and a totaled bike. So if loud pipes make one more of these idiots aware that our bikes are there, I'll make it as loud as I can.

That said, the fastest street Harley won't run with a healthy crotch rocket, or a quick street car. Its called 1903 engine design versus modern engineering. The sound, the look and the attitude(biker cool) are all part of the Harley mystique. Ride one once and you'll get it- torque that'll strech your arms from idle up in every gear, no shifting to climb hills, smoothest and most stable handling and more women wanting to get on the bike than almost any car ever!
Harleys are like hot rods- if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand! LOL!!!!

WELL PUT. And yes I agree. FAR more fit that description on crotch rockets. I've never been fans of any crotch rocket, or any person riding them. I know the cops around here hate them.

That said, the fastest street Harley won't run with a healthy crotch rocket, or a quick street car. LOL!!!!

I have a V-Rod. Have kept up with most crotch rockets and beat a few. Modern engineering at it's best. But those 'REAL':shifty: Harley riders hate them. The Vrod is the ginger of the harley community. But oh so much fun.

Miss this bike :(

DSCN0732.jpg

It was IN the garage and the Neighbor STILL managed to run it over...ask me how

Sorry man,.....did you see it? :eek:
Scare the chit right out of you.
Hope she comes out of it OK.

Suburban Harley idiots..... squids....about the same class to me.
There out there and ride like dopes.
Loud wont fix stupid.

Been riding since 1982, lost two friends to cages.
One was killed by a highway patrol...... looking at his computer instead of the road.
The other was mowed down by a dam drunk at 2:00 in the afternoon.
unfu....kn real.

I rarely see a guy on a Harley that isn't driving like a dikwad.
see now that's different here, typically the crotch rockets are the ones typically driving like "dikwads" and the harley guys, while loud, stay in the lines and observe lane rules.

WELL PUT. And yes I agree. FAR more fit that description on crotch rockets. I've never been fans of any crotch rocket, or any person riding them. I know the cops around here hate them.

I've only had one bike in my life. And it was a crotch rocket:p 1995 Yamaha FZR600. Nice bike. It was pretty much stock with only a Vance and Hynes muffler. I didn't have it long, maybe a couple of years. I had a lot of respect for that machine. It was ungodly fast and once I got used to it (at first I couldn't lean because I was afraid it would fall over:rolleyes:), I thought it was a lot of fun and handled great. But I was always over cautious with it. I always drove the speed limit through town and NEVER did stoopid chit like wheelies or anything that I thought was dangerous. There was nothing between me and the pavement but air and that was a scary thought for me. But I did enjoy it when I rode it and I would love to have another one (preferrably a Buell XB12R Firebolt). But I don't want to get grouped into the dumbass crotch rocket crowd due to guilt by association:)

I have a V-Rod. Have kept up with most crotch rockets and beat a few. Modern engineering at it's best. But those 'REAL':shifty: Harley riders hate them. The Vrod is the ginger of the harley community. But oh so much fun.

Couldn't have put it any better. In fact, it seems if you have a V-Rod, crotch rockets and guys that think they have fast cars just want to mess with you. I haven't had too many problems.

VRod01.jpg

I rarely had problems when riding..however, the main prob I encountered was tailgaters ...most people don't realize just how fast a bike can stop as opposed to a car ...which can be solved by a fanny-pack.. load a few painted packing peanuts as a warning ..or old ball bearings and pebbles as a firmer warning

My interpretation: V-Rods are the Mark VIIIs of motorcycles.

I thought I saw an old Pinks where a guy lost his V-rod to a guy with like a 1983 Suzuki GS 1100.

I thought I saw an old Pinks where a guy lost his V-rod to a guy with like a 1983 Suzuki GS 1100.

1100 e were fast, didn't handle well....but could beat about any Harley.

Don't miss that bike handled like chit... too much engine over the front.
This was mine.

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

V65 was a better bike, power band was smooth easy to handle, easy to ride.
V45 was a better daily ride.
But don't hold a candle to today's liter bikes.
sabre.jpg

V Rod = Porsche Engineering. Standard HD V-Twin = Overpriced. Hondukiaki`s = Bang for the Buck. Pick your Poison

Members online

No members online now.
Back