Mark8 suspension/performance

Actually Rich Bryans Monster still has air....
Ya, It's a Lincoln, not a T-Bird.

It is probably going to get a set of these. IF (IF) I can fab them to fit.

shockwave_prodshot.jpg

is that a firestone bag ?? why does every LowRyder guy tell me I don't want firestone bags??

Yes, it is a Firestone bag and i can only guess it doesn't bounce like a superball.:D Or, when it does, pop goes the weasel.:(

For me, I don't care, not a low-rider in the true sense of the word. Word.

Why is everyone so brutal about the suspension, I have one of both myself, I loved the spirited driving in the 1.5" lowered coils, it hugs the road so much better through the turns. But the bags on my 97 are a much smoother ride, not quite as smooth as the bags were on the 96 but still smoother than the coils.

Yeah, so if you want coils, get coils, if you want air, get air.

The air is nice from the stance that if you add an aftermarket control, you can adjust the ride to suit your likings or just plain slam it for shows.

I say, let them criticize, at the end of the day, you're the one that lives with your decision!

Seems there are a lot of strong opinions on the issue. This year I seem to be more strapped for cash than last year, so some of my plans have had to change or be postponed. If I had cash to spare, I'd go with a new air setup in a second, but given my current situation I think I'm going to buy springs.

I'm not cheaping out on the car and there is no way I will buy a cheap kit off ebay or pull some out of a wrecked T-bird.
If the coil kit from American Air Suspension is as good as people say it is, then I think thats what I'll buy. I'm talking about the standard height kit here, not the 1.5" lowered (It doesnt make much sense if you live in the Detroit Metro). I can always get new air suspension later when I'm done with college.

But will my handling improve at all with the standard height kit?

I can always get new air suspension later when I'm done with college.

More than likely the hydraulic portion of your front struts are work out along with the air bag..
SO.. putting a good strut on the car, be it Air Ride or Springs will likely show an improvement in ride and handling, because your replacing worn out parts with new parts.. so in short.. the answer to your question is.. YES.

I commend your thoughts on replacing the air ride later down the road!

Seems there are a lot of strong opinions on the issue. This year I seem to be more strapped for cash than last year, so some of my plans have had to change or be postponed. If I had cash to spare, I'd go with a new air setup in a second, but given my current situation I think I'm going to buy springs.

And there is nothing wrong with that decision.

Yes, the conversion will improve handling. I have both set and it was the first thing I noticed. And yes you and improve your handling with the air ride by improving other suspension areas.

Why is everyone so brutal about the suspension, I have one of both myself, I loved the spirited driving in the 1.5" lowered coils, it hugs the road so much better through the turns......

Yeah, so if you want coils, get coils, if you want air, get air.

The air is nice from the stance that if you add an aftermarket control, you can adjust the ride to suit your likings or just plain slam it for shows.

I say, let them criticize, at the end of the day, you're the one that lives with your decision!

Can't agree with you more.

As for aftermarket compared to the LS there is a lot. Generally speaking anything that is there for the Mustang is something you could do to the Mark VIII.

Is this the case with the Continental?? I'd love to know more about the potential mods that I could perform on the Conti :D

Members online

Back