Mark vs. Baby

pearl95

LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone with a Mark have or had a newborn?

Is it a pain in the a$$ to manuver a baby seat back there.

I'd hate to give up Mark for something more practical...unless maybe a Maurader...

L.

oo cmon, the mark can handle anything... you think a little baby seat in the bed behind the front seats is gunna be a big deal???

but seriously i wouldnt know... im only 17 and dont plan on having any kids anytime soon!

The seats automatically slide forward, so it shouldn't be a problem. My brother-in-law gets by well with a '96 Thunderbird.

Of course a four door is always easier but not necessary.

Nitrobasher said:
oo cmon, the mark can handle anything... you think a little baby seat in the bed behind the front seats is gunna be a big deal???

but seriously i wouldnt know... im only 17 and dont plan on having any kids anytime soon!
I've heard that before and guess what happens 9 months later. :p

pearl95 said:
Does anyone with a Mark have or had a newborn?

Is it a pain in the a$$ to manuver a baby seat back there.

I'd hate to give up Mark for something more practical...unless maybe a Maurader...

L.
I've raised all 4 of my boys in various Mark VIIIs over the years. What is really great is now I have a legit reason to leave the wife home. No room!:D

Get a seat that has the removable feature where the base stays put. That way, you just strap that part in and leave it. Dropping in the baby seat is no big deal after that.

I have the removable base/seat but do not use the base, as that stays in my G/F's car. The only problem is there is not much leg room in the back seat, so whichever seat has the baby seat behind it has to be moved up quite a bit. Other than that, no problems. And the autoglide seats help alot.

I thought I was the only one with that problem.

I started out trying to use the middle of the back seat, but quickly found out that the baby seat will rock on turns. Directly behind the front seat works well for me.

I hope to be out of my 2 door Mark and into a 4 door Magnum this time next year.

Byan hit it!

"Get a seat that has the removable feature where the base stays put. That way, you just strap that part in and leave it. Dropping in the baby seat is no big deal after that"

Did the same my old 95 Mark. had a base in my car and my wife's 92 Police packaged Marque. Not a big deal at all.

Both are great cars!

When both of my babies were born, I was driving a Monte Carlo. Sometimes it was a PITA with the baby seat, but not too bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back