Mark Viii vs Mustang

I went and looked at a 95 cobra with my friend that was advertised as being supercharged, it wasn't the airbags were deployed, a chunk of carpet was missing, the stereo was missing, the paint looked like crap, the tires were on backwards, some painted the dashboard red, and the tranny felt like crap, all this for $3500

Oh and the guy had to jumpstart so we could test drive it

For that price, if it looked like that, plus the false advertising, I wouldn't even have stayed long enough to drive it. The '95 had the 230hp 302 right? Get a '96-'98 if you can find one. Same bodystyle with a better engine. The 4.6L 305hp version of the Mark VIII engine is light years better than the old pushrod 302 could hope to be. I love our '96 Cobra. It just tripped 53k miles and it spends more time with the top down than up:) It's one of, if not the most fun to drive car I've ever had.

My buddy was a few years ago I told him to just tell the guy he wasn't interested but he decided to offer him $800 an the guy flipped out it was hilarious

Ok, so that one is gone and I found another one. It is a 95 cobra, so it has the 5.0 supercharger. This one is closer but I haven't found time to go look at it... My question is how does the 5.0 run, compared to the 4.6? Thanks for help.

95 cobra.jpg

As far as I know the 5.0 doesn't stand a chance at all compared to the 4.6
Me and my father both have a 5.0 in Fox body T-birds and we're both in love with the 4.6 DOHC because the engine is a monster.
Although how the 5.0 is in a Cobra (especially with a supercharger) is something I don't know. But talking from what I know the 4.6 is a better engine overall.
But I'm pretty sure a 5.0 with supercharger hauls ass too. Can't deny that :)

Depends what you're planning on doing with the car, if you want to modify it I would deffinetly go with the 5.0 cobra..there's a world of aftermarket parts for it and the SBF is waaay easier to work on and cheaper than the DOHC 4.6..and can easily make as much power and more as the 4.6.

Depends what you're planning on doing with the car, if you want to modify it I would deffinetly go with the 5.0 cobra..there's a world of aftermarket parts for it and the SBF is waaay easier to work on and cheaper than the DOHC 4.6..and can easily make as much power and more as the 4.6.

I know nothing about the SN95 body's 5.0 but is it the same engine as the fox bodies 5.0? Same engine block etc.

I know nothing about the SN95 body's 5.0 but is it the same engine as the fox bodies 5.0? Same engine block etc.

It's the same basic engine as the fox platform had yes , but don't sell the 302 short - it's the motor in the mustang that set most of the track records back in the 80s 90s once they started getting settled in with efi and turbo boost above 20 lbs - man they flew!!! - that's my local track - mustangs running lo 5s

I57 Dragstrip Southern Illinois King Of The Street June 11 2010 - YouTube

An acquaintance of mine got a 98' Mustang GT in trade for a Blazer. It had a poor mans Cold Air Kit (K&N stuck on the intake tube) 125k on the clock and 5 speed MT.

Raced him against my 98' and I took him off the line, then he passed me and when he shifted into 4th I passed him again. Was a very strange race :confused:

Before my 98' I had a set of 17"x9" wide rims on my 96' and that thing could be thrown into corners. No tire squeal or anything, it just stuck like glue. All in all I gotta say the Mark beats the Stang big time but I am biased to the comfort provided along with how cheap they are in comparison :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back