Mark VIII vs Crown vic PI..LOST??

Wow, thing sounds great and very quick shifts.

It's a beast. He just put longtubes on it a month ago and ditched the shorties he had on there. He has 3.73 gears and I keep telling him to go with 4.10s and see if he can crack 12s all motor. He had 286rwhp with the shorties so I'll bet he's close to 300 to the tires now. The lontubes are donors from another car and were custom made before Stainless Works came out with their headers and are even longer yet than the Stainless Works. He's unsure about what to do with the exhaust at the moment because it is dumped right in the middle of the car. With the shorties it was loud as hell and now I guess it's apparently loud as fvck. LOL

I have never quite understood the bizarre anomaly with his transmission tuning either. All the while he is running WOT with a completely unlocked converter on his NA tune as seen here. The converter does not lock at all until 95 mph. It never locks once in the video.

I really can't see the municipality spending the money to do a gear swap especially when 3.55s are an option from Ford. Either way a good running Mark shouldn't have a problem with a stock CVPI. That car should be over 4000lbs especially with that bumper guard.

Members online

No members online now.
Back