Mark VIII updates!

thecoolmajor

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share some work that I have completed since buying my 1993 Mark VIII. I bought it about three years ago with 45k miles on it and now is close to 55K (summer driver).

1. Recently replaced the MLP/TR sensor (posted in General Threads) to fix transmission slip (shifting into neutral).
2. I had two dents/scrapes fixed last fall so that looks much better.
3. Removed the air silencer per this site: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00024.html.
4. Fixed the wavy rear window trim by ordering and installing the Rear Window Trim repair kit from Temple Performance :http://templeperformancecars.com/in...d=34&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=88
5. I ordered white face gauges and have them and will install them soon.

Next steps are to cut out the exhaust resonator, weld in a cross pipe, install Magnaflow mufflers and then install a tuner chip. These are projects for the rest of this summer and next!!

Mike

Mike, you should take some pictures of your Mark and put them on here, it's always nice to see the actual car your telling everyone about. I was really surprised to see that no one had responded to your post so I figured I would say Hi. I haven't been on here for some time now but I have been a member since 2004 and was using the site at least a couple years before that. Make sure to take advantage of the search function, you'll be surprised how much useful information there is available here. Anyway, good luck with your future updates.

Greg

Thanks!

Greg, thanks for writing and giving me advice to post pictures. I get busy with work, family and then jump on my projects to finish them because of lack of time. I will take pics of some of what I was writing about and post again. Then, I will take pictures and post them when I work on my exhaust system.

Thanks,
Mike

Welcome aboard fellow minnesotin.
Yes pics are great saw some in your other post need some pics of entire car too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back