Mark VIII Transmission slippage

MKVIIRIP

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I need help with a problem, my 1995 Mark VIII's transmission started slipping this morning. someone drove it last night for some reason( i had too much to drink) and they got on it i feel. because it wasnt doing it during the day yesterday.

it slips mainly going into first which is scary pulling out onto main roads.
it also slips in other gears as well as out of overdrive at times.
someone please advise me as to what this may be, for it is my only mode of transportation.

Miles? Last fluid change? Did you check the fluid level?

No smartass coment?? Seems like you could have come up with something good.

How is it slipping while you are driving? Is it dropping out of gear or is it just slipping in gear?

tranny slippage still

Okay, I am at 183,000 (roughly) and i had the fluid changed and supposedly flushed at 172k i bought the car with 149k exactly. now i have changed the tranny fluid with mercon V plus lube guard green and i put lucas 80w90 in the 3.27:1 diff. the other night i swear this guy had to have powerbrake(brake torqued it) cuz i dont know what else would cause a soft pedal as well as a tranny slip in one of these.) either way this puto said that i should check my fluid level. that is a good way to upset me. the avg milage has been dropping at a steady rate as well. it slips in and out of first gear, and every other gear sometimes. it wont hold 4th (overdrive) does anyone know anything about this occurance? does anyone wonder why i dont let anyone drive my car?

Your probably due for an overhaul.

Did you put lucas in the tranny? If not, try that. (they make tranny treatment) Lucas can help the problem, although not solve it.

. it slips in and out of first gear, and every other gear sometimes. it wont hold 4th (overdrive) does anyone know anything about this occurance? does anyone wonder why i dont let anyone drive my car?

Other than the fluid level... could be the MLPS sensor..
those are the only two "low buck" options to check before "tossing in the towel" and getting a 98+ tranny.

hmm...

well i tell you what...it could be the MLPS sensor, because if i bump the shift handle it seems to stop slipping sometimes...dunno how well that works...hell it may even be a loose cable? i know it is not the fluid level.

i do have a rebuild Dacco torque converter i changed about a year ago...do you think it decided to give in?

either way that wouldnt explain the softer than normal brakes but thats a whole other matter

well either way, i said screw it, i found a 98 transmission with 17k mi. for 4 bills, so im going to pick it up. hope it goes right in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back