Mark VIII - Tail Lights

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello!

So, I own a 1995 Mark VIII and it DOES NOT have neon rear lights. They're bulbs. But when I hit the brakes, the center light on the trunk doesn't light up - as it shouldn't. But, I have no reverse lights or taillights. So my question is - are they supposed to light up when I turn on the lights? I don't quite understand how it works. Thanks!

Yep the center lights should be on when you turn on lights but only the outside lights get brighter when you step on the brake. Did you check your running light fuse? Also id take a volt meter to the bulb terminals and check for power.

Yep the center lights should be on when you turn on lights but only the outside lights get brighter when you step on the brake. Did you check your running light fuse? Also id take a volt meter to the bulb terminals and check for power.

I've done a lot to this car, but can't recall a bad fuse. It there was one I would have fixed it immediately. But there IS power to the center panel. Because when I hit the trunk release button on the remote, it lights up (excluding reverse lights). So I'm not quite sure what's going on.

21 year old cars usually have a few issues. I'd suggest jumping on that bidding site and picking up a Ford Service Manual and an EVTM book for a 95 mark viii. It's one of the best tools I have for mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back