mark viii speaker install

I have a '94 and the rear deck does not have any precut holes specifically for speakers.

There are, however, a series of triangle and rectangle cutouts large enough to fit a set of speakers up to 4" in diameter using adapters but nothing large enough there to simply drop a 5-1/4" or larger speaker without physically cutting one out.

The rear deck is similar among all year Mark VIII's
and beneath the forward portion of the Gen1 rear deck, towards the rear seat-back, sits the communication/entertainment electronics tray where the factory amplifier and compass are mounted. So, look before drilling.

Last edited:
ya,,crap...thankyou...took a look this morning...will be removing the complete panel under the rear deck when I do full new stereo install and cut holes for 6x9s..do you know if the front door speakers are 5x7 same as the factory rears? just read your "Octane Project" thread..WoW..very impressive and informative..Great job and thanks for the lowering details and pics.

ya,,crap...thankyou...took a look this morning...will be removing the complete panel under the rear deck when I do full new stereo install and cut holes for 6x9s..do you know if the front door speakers are 5x7 same as the factory rears? just read your "Octane Project" thread..WoW..very impressive and informative..Great job and thanks for the lowering details and pics.
I do know the doors fit q 5x7 or 6x8, i was confused about that and the stereo guys told me 5x7 and 6x8 are the same size there is a few manufacturers that call them different but those 2 are the same.

I put 5x7 in the rear and a 6.5 coaxil with a 5x7 adapter plate in the doors. I used these coaxils only because i had them and they should be a touch better model than my 5x7.
5x7 fit in all 4 corners

Members online

No members online now.
Back