Mark VIII power adder facts

What is the best set up for a daily driver. Or the "Most Streetable" set-up for a stock internal engine! I am curious because I love to drive and will be driving mine more than just on the weekend and want something "extra" to get at all these mustang's asses around here!

What is the best set up for a daily driver. Or the "Most Streetable" set-up for a stock internal engine! I am curious because I love to drive and will be driving mine more than just on the weekend and want something "extra" to get at all these mustang's asses around here!

First start with gears, then nitrous, then a new tranny cause yours will be trashed

I have a complete 03/04 cobra supercharger set up. I want to put it on my gen.II.Im told the B heads are unaceptable as they will create turbulance. This would be a street hot rod not a dragstrip use. If the B head is not so good on the low end it seems to me the blower would make a positive contribution toward eliminating that condition. has anyone had some experiance with this instalation?

Thanks for the heads up. as you might expect I thought the cobra swap wouild be the more effecent way to go.looks like I'll be busy this winter as the inner cooler is a must for me. George

sale-w3bn5-2046557423@craigslist.org

Could this turbo be used in a gen. 2

No, because that's an email address.

And go look under the hood of a Mark VIII. There isn't much room in there for a turbo. Not that it can't be done (or remote mounted,) just that if you're asking this question you're probably not up for the dozens if not hundreds of hours of work it would take to turbo a Mark VIII.

what cars were the c heads used on i cant find the post that it swas stated on

any 4.6 dohc 99+ engine

99-01 Lincoln Continantal
99-04 Mustang Cobra
03-04 Mustang Mach1
03-04 Mercury Marauder
03-05 Lincoln Aviator

love the email address part numbeer...boy got me laughing!!!!thanks guys for making my day!!!!

I spent a little over $1000 for my wet nitrous kit, progressive controller, and pressure regulated bottle heater with blowoff tube (also an Xcal to reprogram ecu). Still really need to add air/fuel cutoff switch and remote bottle opener. Its not much money to spend to decide if you really want/need a turbo or blower.

Its about $60/10lb bottle now so you'd have to use a lot of bottles to approach the price of the other options. You may need some additional money in all cases to make sure your fuel delivery is up to par. You can always sell the kit if you decide you want to get a more serious, and readily available solution.

Its nice having an otherwise "stock" vehicle, especially for my 80mile/day commute. I liked that I did not have to mess with injectors (I did have to upgrade my fuel pump though). Nitrous is surely a good (and safer IMO) place to start before investing a large chunk of change into something that won't get finished.

I spent a little over $1000 for my wet nitrous kit, progressive controller, and pressure regulated bottle heater with blowoff tube (also an Xcal to reprogram ecu). Still really need to add air/fuel cutoff switch and remote bottle opener. Its not much money to spend to decide if you really want/need a turbo or blower.

Its about $60/10lb bottle now so you'd have to use a lot of bottles to approach the price of the other options. You may need some additional money in all cases to make sure your fuel delivery is up to par. You can always sell the kit if you decide you want to get a more serious, and readily available solution.

Its nice having an otherwise "stock" vehicle, especially for my 80mile/day commute. I liked that I did not have to mess with injectors (I did have to upgrade my fuel pump though). Nitrous is surely a good (and safer IMO) place to start before investing a large chunk of change into something that won't get finished.

125 shot on stock internals eh? :shifty:

Yes, and for many many bottles now. Its within the recommended 50% rule. A few others on here have done it as well. Perfectly safe as long as you're not an idiot when using it. What is your experience with using nitrous?

Yes, and for many many bottles now. Its within the recommended 50% rule. A few others on here have done it as well. Perfectly safe as long as you're not an idiot when using it. What is your experience with using nitrous?

I have no personal experience with it because I don't care to have. It's never been part of my plan. I was simply asking. One guy I know runs a 125 shot on his 2001 Crown Vic, but the motor is fully built. I have been told by many that a 100 shot with a proper tune and a/f ratios is about the limit for the Mark VIIIs on stock internals and then here you popped in talking about spraying the chit out of an LS. THAT's why I asked.

I don't think I'd call it "spraying the chit out of it". At 150 I think you'd have an argument. I am running slightly lowered bottle pressure, one size larger fuel jet and tuned a little rich so in actuality, its probably just over 100 HP.
Are you holding out for a supercharger? You should spray a 100 shot. It would compliment your setup nicely. I think 100 is very conservative on your stock engine though there is a lot more data on 32V 4.6's running spray to determine where they tend to let go. Does that particular engine also have powdered rods? As for your friend's crown vic, is it a 2 valve or did he change it? I think 100 is overly conservative in his case but maybe its simply enough for him.

I don't think I'd call it "spraying the chit out of it". At 150 I think you'd have an argument. I am running slightly lowered bottle pressure, one size larger fuel jet and tuned a little rich so in actuality, its probably just over 100 HP.
Are you holding out for a supercharger? You should spray a 100 shot. It would compliment your setup nicely. I think 100 is very conservative on your stock engine though there is a lot more data on 32V 4.6's running spray to determine where they tend to let go. Does that particular engine also have powdered rods? As for your friend's crown vic, is it a 2 valve or did he change it? I think 100 is overly conservative in his case but maybe its simply enough for him.

OIC. Yeah, I've heard the 4-valves respond well to nitrous. I'm not sure at this point what my plans are, but I am still trying to lower my NA times and I am now approaching 146K miles. I'm fairly certain the rods are powdered, yes and a cast crank and pistons which aren't that special either. I have my eyes on a blown Mark VIII in Kansas. We'll see what happens there. I am on the fence.

My buddy's Vic is a 2-valve with forged internals, Hitech cams, and full bolt-ons. He ran a 13.41 NA with it and has sprayed a 125 shot on it for quite awhile now. His kit won't support much beyond what he is spraying now, but he has considered a direct port kit and running a 200 shot.

Here is his car since you're a nitrous guy too:

NA:
crown vic 0-90 with built 4.6/highstall ....... - YouTube

Nitrous:
Quickvic30 victor jr intake nitrous 125 shot short pulls - YouTube

haha love it. Sounds completely different when he's spraying. I should post some sound clips. My 3.9 doesnt sound as nice or deep as the 4.6, but it sounds like a little race engine when spraying.

My next plan is to do the 8.8 swap that a couple LS guys have done so I can run steeper gears, at least 4.10's (I imagine this cheaper than custom ring and pinion). Right now I scream over the line in 3rd at 6800 RPM. It needs to be a significant jump in ratio to make up for the extra shift. Of course I will need a new daily driver because gas is expensive enough. Then exhaust; magnaflow cat back with high flow cats. Sadly, the stock manifolds will be staying. Not sure I'll ever bother with an intake tube since the cost to return ratio is pitiful. Briefly thought about a higher stall converter but the power increase sorta took care of that. Besides, traction was already an issue. My last track visit was with a 100 shot and 245 all season tires. I bumped it up after a fuel pump upgrade and have 285's with summer tires, and a limited slip unit from an 8.8 rearend that fits into my 8.0. That's where I got my 13.7 @ 100.8 and that was with the controller set pretty mildly. I also have enough money saved for a replacement transmission! lol Hoping for low 13's next time, if I ever find time to go back.

I digress though, this should stay focused on Mark VIII's.

Members online

Back