Mark VIII Lowering

Hotthedd

LVC Member
Reaction score
:cool: I havent heard any of you guys talking about this but it seems like it would be worth it. You guys Have any comments on this thing? Or do you know of a cheaper alternative?

http://www.module8.net/

There is a member here that has it on two of his marks and it works great. He has had them on his car for some time now. I've seen it in action and want to get it for my car someday.:D :D

Yep, I've got them on both of my Marks. They work great.

You can see some photos in my photo gallery.

I have one too! Love it a lot, especially when I can raise the Mark up in snow.

If you are only lookin to lower your car, I sell a kit that allows you to slam the car all the way to the ground. Here is all the information on the kit(s) that I sell. I recommend the upgraded kit only because you can raise the car up from it sitting on the ground at the flick of a switch, and you are going under 30MPH.

You can email me or you can inbox me here if you have any other questions. There are QUITE a few ppl here, and on other boards that have my kits on their cars and they LOVE it. But, like I said, it is only for that 'parking lot stance'. There are no inbetween settings like the module 8 and no higher than factory setting (which really is not recommended....going higher than the factory setting).

Now, I am NOT trying to persuade you to purchase the kit from me in any way. If the module 8 is what you want, then its kool. I just offer a cheaper solution for your car if you only want to slam it, and you do not want more control over it.

Operating the vehicle even under 30mph with it slammed all the way to the ground wouldnt be very good for the car though huh? I wouldnt mind saving the money because 200 bucks is rather steep for the other modules but i want to make sure that if i get one of your kits it will be safe for my car.....

NEVER drive is slammed to the ground. If your on a PERFECTLY NEW and level road, ok, but any other normal road for get it. My compressor dryer blew right off and I drive around slammed for a couple days. Almost lost my exhaust and I can tell my ball joints (newer) as not right anymore, think I will be replacing them soon.

Can make your own for fairly cheap and have control, both raising and lowering, of all corners independently:

http://www.markviii.org/LOD2/airsuspension1.htm

Unfortunately these mods will turn of the computer so you loose auto-leveling. The Module VIII was the first one made in response to that "problem" and all the auto leveling and highway lowering stays intact.

unity said:
Unfortunately these mods will turn of the computer so you loose auto-leveling.
ive had a rays switch for about a year now and it does not mess with auto-leveling, execpt when you put it down and all it does is open the vents and sets it down, but when your driving it is exactlly the same

Thats what I am saying, as soon as the "mod" is started, you loose the normal operation. The Module VIII can slam and 4X4 without needing to restart the car (or flip the trunk switch off/on).

well when you park it and set it down, then there is nothing to level as it sits on the bump stops, and the upgraded kit all you do is flip the switch the other way and the car raises back to stock height (or sensor lowered height).

also the compressor in these cars are small, with no tank, so reguardless whay sys you use the raising of the car wont be exactlly fast (about 1.5min)

There is a kid around where I live that has the junkiest Mark I have ever seen. The air suspension went out and he still drives it every day. It is totally slammed on the gound and has been like that for six months or so now. I cant beleive that nothing has broken.

ok i have been jacking around with the car trying to figure out what the problem is so i thikn i have it isolated. i got under it last night and adjusted the rear sensor so that the car shold be slammed all the way and it made no dofference. readjusted the sensor to be normal and no difference again and the fronts are ok. So i am thinking that the rear sensor is bad or something. or that the solenoids are bad on the rear shocks. i will have to take pictures os the car and post them here so you guys can see what i am talking about. but the rear simply will not lower at all......just stuck.

looks ridiculous man......

Members online

No members online now.
Back