mark viii "glitch" style ballast problem

deuce96

New LVC Member
Reaction score
There is only 1 intensity, dim like the parking lights no matter if brake is depressed. It matched the parking lights perfect, but not when brakes are depressed. They said the adjustment screw adjust the to match the dim level. just brake side full intensity is not working. See a brief pulse but never get bright. Tested wires, all have expected voltages. Red to Red, green to ballast blue, black to ballast black. The wire mesh, the ground to center of trunk are wired together by themselves. Need help, I bought the ballast on eBay from parts-go-getter. I seem him trying to sell on another 8forum. Anyone run into this? Seller was no help.

I remember reading on one of the forums (lod, lvc or markviii.org) that he got a bad "batch" from the company making them (But was getting sent the correct ones). This was 2-3 months ago iirc. Hopefully he's not trying to offload the non 2 step ballasts to unsuspecting buyers. Assuming he wouldn't knowingly sell bad units... You've already contacted him, if he doesn't fix the situation go through the proper channels for a refund and buy the real deal.

From what i've read it takes quite a bit of adjusting for the brake lights to work. Other than that I can't help.

Edit:

http://www.markviii.org/htdocs/dc/d...c&forum=27&topic_id=44500&mesg_id=44500&page=

Last edited:
Not sure if you ever got it fixed but I have a glitch ballast installed and it works great. It did take a lot of adjusting to get the high lamp to come up. Only issue I'm still dealing with is noise on the AM radio. I'm not sure if it's coming from the power or from the antenna in the rear window itself. I had to wrap the wires going to the light (high voltage) with braided stainless steel mess to reduce the interference. Got rid of some of it, but not all.

The steel mesh coming from the neon needs to be grounded just like the oem one.

The steel mesh coming from the neon needs to be grounded just like the oem one.

It is grounded. In the instructions Glitch provides with the ballast kit he recommends removing it. I don't know why and didn't feel comfortable doing that. I do think the interference is not in the power but is being picked up by the antenna. I don't have the "noise" on anything by AM radio.

Members online

Back