Mark VIII front clip

• Thread starter Deleted member 29789
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29789

I would like to install the clip from a 1996 Mark VIII onto my 1998. I prefer the flatter hood line on the 96 and earlier. I would appreciate any input, and would like to have the parts before they end up in the shredder.
Thanks all.

I would like to install the clip from a 1996 Mark VIII onto my 1998. I prefer the flatter hood line on the 96 and earlier. I would appreciate any input, and would like to have the parts before they end up in the shredder.
Thanks all.
It has been done a few times ! I do not know much about it ! The front bumper reinforcement is welded to the car on 1st gens , on 2nd gen it is bolted onto the frame of the car ! The biggest problem might be the hood clearance ! Most bolt holes will be the same ! Good Luck , Sonny

I would be concerned about the loss of low beam lighting in the gen 1 vs the HID's in gen 2. IIRC, the gen 1's low beams were terrible. Maybe LED bulbs could improve that, I don't know. It's one reason why I only considered the gen 2 cars when looking for one, I wound up with a 1998 mark. Still have the OEM HID's.

Not to worry, it is a summah cah. I very seldom drive at night. I live in a rural area, where high beam lights are used quite liberally. And if all else fails, the MKX is a good backup for night driving.

Members online

Back