mark viii dual alternatord

Get 6 15" subs and face them everywhere. Lol, jk.. if it was my car i would face them tours the trunk... if u mot going to compete for spl .. that should do. If you're! ! Get a spl meter. And play with the box. Good luck. Post pic when done. Check my pictures and get an idea

i've done both. im running a FI SP4 15 in a 4ft^3 box tuned at 33hz. first i had it facing into the cabin, it was loud and it hurt(in a good way). then i got bored and flipped it around and its a completely different animal. sounds so much better quality wise, gets lower and really gets to flexin, and its just as loud if not louder then facing in

Kl...sounds good.. i got 6 15" kickers m3 that would be using soon. 3kickers 1200.1's for bass , 2 kickers 850.4 for highs..

I'm guessing this will be a sealed box? i'd drop to 4 GOOD 15's with alot of port tuned low

I'm guessing this will be a sealed box? i'd drop to 4 GOOD 15's with alot of port tuned low

Unless your doing Compound with the 15's where are you getting the space for the box and then if you put in any port you just about doubled the size of the box :shifty:

Well for me i took my back seat out, have the port facing up to the back window. Look at my pictures on my profile. Also have 2 15" on my ls on a sealed box on the trunk floor n it hits hard. I really happy how my set ups.. i will let u guys know The SPL #s when i finish the set up on the M.8.

Well for me i took my back seat out, have the port facing up to the back window. Look at my pictures on my profile. Also have 2 15" on my ls on a sealed box on the trunk floor n it hits hard. I really happy how my set ups.. i will let u guys know The SPL #s when i finish the set up on the M.8.

Checked your profile and it says no pictures? Beside that however aside from getting a bit of a folded horn from the rear window I would not want my port there. I experienced a lot of standing waves that interfered with bass waves. I try to get the ports and speakers as far away from where I am sitting as possible.
CIMG1733.jpg

Last deal I did with my Mark was a 13W7 in a sealed box facing the taillights with a JL1/1000 amp driving it. Here I was removing all the system from my Gen1 to go into my Gen2. With nothing removed from my Gen2 sound deadening wise it was able to pull a 127.5 DB SPL or something around there as I don't remember anymore? From all the years I have been building boxes and installing thru the 90's I always found face the speakers backwards or as far back along with the ports. Standing waves suck SPL and leave holes in your Bass :(

CIMG1733.jpg

I want to post pictures on tread but dont let me. On my 97 am getting 150s spl( 6-15" subs, 4 yellow top batteries, pioneer navi deck,2-sets of 6 1/2 components, 4-4" horns,3-1200.1 kickers bass, 2 850.4 kickers highs, all 00 gage, big 3 done, 1db 280 AMP alternator( working on bracket for 2 alternators,wooden box with custom top fiberglass. I have some picture on my profile, i don't know why u can't see them. I will try to post more pictures for u...

The planet audios 15" are being replace with kickers. I have them just need to finish the box. On the ls are 2-15" clarions n a 1500 watt rms clarion. Every thing is clarion.

The hummer 2-15" soundstream XXX.

No profile pick other than the one on the thread that I see now. None when I go to see your profile :(

I made a Huge box for my Boss way back in 1989. 4th order Bandpass that took 8 15" Orion Extreme Subs. Made it to fit in the bed of his full size pick up truck but it never made it in there. I wound up with the box but I it wound up being a giant head board for my Bed. Only had it working once at my house then I cut it in half so I only have 4 15" Subs.

I still have a 27" Ramsdell Sub that I am trying to decide if I want to make a box for the Car or my Room :confused:

I had a 32" clarion that came out a few years back. It was kl but. I didn't like the sound on it. 8 out of 10 lol. I should make it part of my bed. :)

My Boss had loaned the 27" out to someone that used to work at the shop. It was in a vent Ported 12cubic foot box and powered by a 1000 watt PPI amp. Thing freakin HURT but it was more Punch Bass than real low stuff.

I still have all my Orion HCCA amps laying around but am using a JL to power the 13W7 to keep it all under warranty so to speak :rolleyes:

Expensive damn speaker but man it reaches low in a sealed box :cool:

Wrx. Kool on what you do. How are you doing with the dual alternator mod. I can't find the spot for the second one.. if you get yours done before me post pictures. I Always enjoy chatting with people that love to customize there's wips.

The latest LSC I have all I have bothered to do is put my Alpine HU in it so far. Have the STi, 2 Convertibles and a C1500 ahead of it awaiting modifications. I did find my SPL score from my previous LSC that was just a 13W7 dropped into the trunk.
SPL.jpg
Was a bit more than I remembered but I am more into fixing the STi than SPL at this point in time :rolleyes:

SPL.jpg

Nice. Out just one sub. One's you get it toned, you be at high 30s. I get 142 with one 15" ARC audio sub on a 94 honda hatch back. Asome job you are doing. Post a picture ones you get it all dial in. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.
Back