Mark VIII Downloadable Shop Manuals

BlackOnBlackCobra96

LVC Member
Reaction score
For those who need them, below is a link to the Ford OEM shop manual CDs: http://yadi.sk/d/N87JRkGiFgoBf. They are meant to be run off a CD, and if you don't want to burn a CD, there is a way to create a virtual CD on your hard drive. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get them working on my computer, as it appears to require an older version of Windows. If anyone can figure out how to run them on a modern Windows computer or convert them to CD, I'd appreciate it.

I'm downloading it now to see. What version of Windows do you have? I'll see if I can figure it out for you.

This disks will work on any x86 windows, but not the x64. The only way to get them alive on x64 - virtual PC + windows XP.
If anyone is interested in other yaers - PM me.

Yeah, he's right. I have Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) and can't install it.

I have an XP machine that I use for the Service CD/DVDs. I also have played around with them in an XP VM.

I have tried compatibility mode and other things in Win7 64 bit and not had any luck installing or using them, I have a number of test machines to play around with so every once in awhile I will try things out. I do burn them to CD but also use the virtual cd and mount the ISOs, as most of my optical drives are becoming finicky.

the ISO I have for 02 is cars and trucks and is very limited in what cars are available. I don't have anything newer that works, the 03+ are DVD and require setting the date back on the machine, but still would like to have the 03-04 DVD. Also the 1999 one is a different style/program and I would like to see if there is a 99 CD that is like all the others, not HTML flip book style.

What are these like? Are they just giant PDFs of the physical version basically?

I have installed a PDF creator that is installed as a printer, and "printed" out portions of the service CDs before, yes.

I never considered doing a bunch of it for use on a tablet, losing the navigation (which is not great) and finding every single article to output.

I have done a couple of things to get around that, one is remote desktop and VNC on either the computer on my network, or the one in my car, and remoting in on a tablet. Otherwise I just have a computer on my network that I use for this type of thing.

Members online

Back