Mark VIII Custom (Has anyone seen this before?)

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for some tricked out custom marks, and came across this. Has anyone seen this Mark or knows who it belongs too?

21597560131_large.jpg

21597560132_large.jpg

21597560141_large.jpg

21597560142_large.jpg

21597560143_large.jpg

21597560144_large.jpg

21597560145_large.jpg

21597560146_large.jpg

It's somebody on here... Let me go check.

wow go brit go, ive never seen that and you dug that outta somewhere. good job

looks good except where are the heater controls now?

wow go brit go, ive never seen that and you dug that outta somewhere. good job

Thanks! :D

Ya, I'd also be curious to see where the climate control unit went.

PM'ed him a link to this thread.

I really admire this guys mods. It just shows with imagination and time you can do. It had to be a wiring nightmare, but he did it. I myself would've been worried about the vacuum lines that go in behind the AC control. I commend him. He's a member here. Too bad he's not more active.

Hey guys

Hey, Yeah it's me with the custom interior job. Didn't know there was a thread goin on about my car. I'm glad you all like my ride. I'm not very active on these forums and am trying to be because I get so much research done with the help of you all. Well let me try and help you guys with some answers.
First off though, yeah yeah....i know about the armrest. However, before I went to the more slimmed down climate control, I had to modify the '94 version and still couldn't get the arm rest deep enough to fit it. So I had to modify the lid too. I will be doing more vinyl work on the interoior and that will be one of the first things to figure out. I do use all stock pieces in the restoration. I love the Mark's interior and it is the only reason I got the car aside from the power and sexy exterior. I went with the thinner more digital climate control that was put in that came out in '99. Found one in a '94 continental at the junk yard. It has the buttons that don't get mashed in. They are thicker.
Next, I used CAT 5 networking cable to re-route the computer buttons that used to be on the dash along side the message center/check engine light bar. I got rid of the big buttons and plastic casing to the big buttons and got them down to about 1/8" thick. I then installed the smaller buttons in the driver side a-frame. I even kept the labels and placed them underneath the buttons. It looks very sleek and stock. All functions work properly.
The climate control thermometer vent is routed next to the top center channel speaker. It is also functional and I used the stock slotted vent modified of course.
The traction control and rear defrost are also next to the center channel speaker. Both are functional.
Next, the warning indicator lights are under the center console where the carpet meets on the driver side by your knees. Again, the plastic housing was eliminated best I could to get it to fit under the flush mounted bass knobs the route to the two thousand watt kenwood amps in the trunk.
:cool:
Hey also, to extend the vaccum lines to the climate control, I extended the tubes using aquarium lines. they are soft and bendable. The stock ones are not. I tried using lines i got out of a mark at the junk yard but it was too hard to flex it, it was not easy to couple the lines and they are too thick when ran together as a bunch which made it hard to conceal running with 6 RCA cables bass knobs remote wires and power lines. Trust me, if you do this use aquarium line. Make sure to label the colors.
If you have any more questions let me know. I'd love to help.
Again, thank you for showing interest in all my hard work.
Next mod will be to add a fast bag setup and the compressor and tank will go in the trunk placed to look stock with all the sound equipment.

love the monitor and respect the work but not a fan of the woodgrain on the dash.

Members online

Back