Mark VII modification thread

Darth_Elvis

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody :waving:

I'll be honest, I don't know a thing about working on cars, but I know this mechanic that does, so any modifications that I wanted to do he could do for me. SO, what kinds of modifications would all of you recommend for a 91 Mark VII with about 52700 miles? Everything runs fine, like it just came off the lot I would imagine. Just got a tune-up and oil change, no noises no problems. :steering

:feedback

here we go again ... lol ... basicly it all depends were you want to be - simple bolt ons would be an air intake, open up the exhaust to a full 2.5" system and I'd change gears to 3.53. If that is not enough I would go the superchared route, you can stay at the current speed density system with a Kenne Bell system or convert to mass air - then I would go with a vortech system ... of course there is lots more since this is a Mustang in disguise but it should help get you started.

Good luck ... :Beer

Finally! I was wondering when people were going to actually post in this thing.

I'm new to the forum, so this topic I'm sure has been discussed but I didn't find it right away so I figured I'd start a new thread and if there was an official *mod* thread somebody would have linked it.

Anyways, thanks for posting and I hope to get more ideas here:)

Do a search and see where that gets you. You're first step is to learn about mechanics, as a car of this age will, sooner or later, develop an issue or two. Due to the complexity and somewhat rare nature of these vehicles, you do NOT want to have to pay a shop to fix it.

As for performance upgrades, you can basically do anything that you would do to a 5.0L Mustang. It's really just a matter of what route you wish to take with the vehicle and how much you wish to spend.

Anything you want.

Hell i've got a tremec tko600 5spd in mine. Theres guys out there that have 4spd manuals, crazy aod's, 03 cobra motors, 351's, 6spd manuals, supercharged, twin turbo, etc, etc.

Your mind and money is the only limit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back