Mark VII Humor

Zenfollies

LVC Member
Reaction score
Have any of you seen the Cost You Less insurance commercial on TV?

I about fell off my chair laughing. It begins with a grandma type character sitting at the wheel of her car, putting on her racing glasses, and then the camera pulls back to see her take off and spin out, peeling rubber in a dust cloud as the announcer says:

Got too many speeding tickets and can't get insurance? Cost U Less can help?

She's driving a Mark VII :p

I rarely watch TV either. But since I acquired my MarkVII, I suddenly notice the car when I see it, especially with its unique hind end. That is what stood out to me in the commercial.

Mostly, because I work in marketing/imaging. Any time you see a commercial, look at the people and surroundings. It is not random. The company is targeting a specific demographic audience.

Such as Cadillac with the Led Zepplin song Rock-N-Roll as the 30's metro guy in the modern caddy zooms past the 60s model with a baby-boomer generation guy at the wheel, as the announcer says: "this isn't your father's car."

So, that is why I laughed so hard at the insurance commercial. The choice of the Mark VII was for a reason. If you note the other people in the commercial were young men getting ticketed by the cops. :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back