Mark VII aftermarket rims

scplblacks

New LVC Member
Reaction score
What is the bolt pattern of the Mark VII, I would like to upgrade the brakes on it and I want to put some 17in cobra "R" rims on it. If anybody could help me I would be greatful. :L

Brakes are a little difficult to upgrade, as they are relatively specific parts. You can go through www.svpu.com and they have a decent deal on upgrading. Or you can swap in SN95 spindles up front and upgrade that way. The bolt pattern for the MarkVII is the same as the 5-bolt Mustang with a 4.5 x 5 pattern. The cobra-R rims, depending on what you actually get, may require slight modification to fit properly on the front spindles, and will not work with the stock center caps. This leaves three options: grinding down the stock hub a little, spacers, or SN95 swap. All have pros and cons. I used spacers personally, as that was the best bet for my application.

:q:q:q:q, where can't you get em? I got mine from some company in Cali. I could look it up, but I'm sure you can find tons of other places for the same $.

frpp, maromont (sp?), or pick up a mustang magazine

pay close attention to the backspacing...there are 3-4 different offsets available depending on the wheel size and supplier

$.02 re: Brake upgrade

scplblacks said:
What is the bolt pattern of the Mark VII, I would like to upgrade the brakes on it and I want to put some 17in cobra "R" rims on it. If anybody could help me I would be greatful. :L

Wanting a little more "whoa!" power on my '88 and '90, I installed the cross-drilled rortors from Summit (for a 5.0 'Stang, I think) and a set of Hawk pads (a painful $120 for all four)--and the car stops on a dime now! I can really feel the difference, especially after some hard driving, as there's now not a hint of fade. I'd recommend this for anyone looking to match power upgrades with a little safety. The results were honestly more than I expected; I figured at best I'd cut a few feet off the 70-to-0 distance, and that the drilled rotors would at least look trick behind the rims. but no, the difference turned out to be far more than cosmetic...I testdrive new cars for a living, and my LSCs now have as much stopping power as any sport/luxury car you can buy new today.

Word. :eek2:

More details on the disks you purchased.....please. Didn't know they were avaialbe through Summit

Smoker442 said:
Wanting a little more "whoa!" power on my '88 and '90, I installed the cross-drilled rortors from Summit (for a 5.0 'Stang, I think) and a set of Hawk pads (a painful $120 for all four)--and the car stops on a dime now! I can really feel the difference, especially after some hard driving, as there's now not a hint of fade. I'd recommend this for anyone looking to match power upgrades with a little safety. The results were honestly more than I expected; I figured at best I'd cut a few feet off the 70-to-0 distance, and that the drilled rotors would at least look trick behind the rims. but no, the difference turned out to be far more than cosmetic...I testdrive new cars for a living, and my LSCs now have as much stopping power as any sport/luxury car you can buy new today.

Word. :eek2:
Smoker,
Glad to hear of your success with the brakes . Been thinking of redoiing my original brakes on my 90 Mark VII. What kind of cost are we talking for the whole job as a DIY project? You work for Motor Week? Regards, Lincolnlov

SilverFox said:
More details on the disks you purchased.....please. Didn't know they were avaialbe through Summit

I don't know if there the same rotors cause i didn't get mine from summit but stillen makes cross drilled rotors for Mark VIIs. I put them on the front with stock replacements on the rear with the stillen pads all around. very noticable improvement over stock and after 2 years they are holding up very well. the only complaint is a little groan if you creep on the brakes but i would definately recomend them. the rotors were about $300 a pair from stillen.

scplblacks said:
The lug pattern is 5x4.5 (114.3mm).

Just like dry fitting a pair of sneakers on before you buy them ....

"Dry before you buy."

Members online

No members online now.
Back