Mark 8 wont start

mistermaclincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
OK I Christmas shopping and I came out of t
he store and my 95 mark 8 Sony start. Its got
Plenty OS starting power bur wont start. Help!!

Well after letting it sit for a few minutes it started right up. Could I be on CPS browered time??

Well, you've determined youve got an intermittent failure, which is what electricals do

i will attempt to translate...

OK I Christmas shopping and I came out of t
he store and my 95 mark 8 Sony start. Its got
Plenty OS starting power bur wont start. Help!!

hello gentlemen.
I went christmas shopping, and upon exiting the store, my lincoln will not start. what are some common causes for a no-start on my 95?

thanks,
mistermaclincoln

it won't crank right? turn the key, and nothing?

starter. starter solenoid.
dead battery.
loose battery terminals. corroded battery terminals.
etc.

so it does crank?

i like CKP then. (CranKshaft Position sensor)
the CMP (CaMshaft Position sensor) is probably fine. don't get them confused.

As I had a Gen 1.5 and a Gen 2 do it, make sure the headlights are turned off if it is doing this at night. Both of mine just out of the blue would not crank and turned lights off. Then they started right up :shifty:

Ok, the starter cranks and I waited 10 minutes and it started right up. Never happen before and it freak me out a little. So what I hear what everyone is saying, look at he crankshaft position sensor.

Oh and by the way, I am on my cell phone and on my way to the stadium for the sunday night football game with the Seahawks and Niners and yes I am driving the Linc!!!!!

Sometimes a bad Cam Sensor can delay starts, but I've never seen a bad one delay a start 10 minutes!

You can check the Crank Sensor, but change your fuel filter too (it's a cheap maintenance item). I've had one so plugged up it would affect starting.

As I had a Gen 1.5 and a Gen 2 do it, make sure the headlights are turned off if it is doing this at night. Both of mine just out of the blue would not crank and turned lights off. Then they started right up :shifty:

I'm betting its not out of the blue, you'd just never had the lights left in the On possision before

Sometimes a bad Cam Sensor can delay starts, but I've never seen a bad one delay a start 10 minutes!

You can check the Crank Sensor, but change your fuel filter too (it's a cheap maintenance item). I've had one so plugged up it would affect starting.

You just don't do ANY kind of maintainance do ya

change your fuel filter too (it's a cheap maintenance item). I've had one so plugged up it would affect starting.
hmm, I say first look at the fuel filter, if it looks okay, don't change it!:shifty:

change it. its cheap.
i bet you can feel the weight difference between new and old.

in case you're wondering, it's behind the wheel well cover/lining; front passenger

hmm, I say first look at the fuel filter, if it looks okay, don't change it!:shifty:

30786973.jpg

You just don't do ANY kind of maintainance do ya

First of all, smartie-britches, the plugged fuel filter was on the TBird and that happened not long after I got it several years ago. I had just gotten the car and hadn't gone through it yet.

Second of all, these are old cars and I keep them running good for their age. None of my cars have a CEL like most everyone else's I see and I own five.....

I leave one vote that the car has assumed an ADD condition. Put some adderall in the gas tank. :shifty::p

Members online

Back