marines

AVEY10

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone on here in the marines?
and if so how do you like it.

went up to the recruiter today, took the pretest and blew it out of the water, he told me if i do the same on the asvab test id be able to qualify for any job. i go back tomorrow to fill out paperwork and schedule for the asvab, gotta take it up in detriot and stay up there for two days for some reason. if i join id like to either sign up for military police or something along the line of being a mechanic.

I served for 5 years with two tours to Iraq. I loved it and miss it everyday. I wouldnt recomend joining the infantry as I am now in pain all over. Military Police and a mechanic are great jobs to pursue in the Marines.

I think the reason you will be staying up in Detriot in for a few days is possibly for a medical check up. You will need to have a full medical check up to prove that you have 100% mobility in all your limbs. They will also draw blood and all that good stuff.

I have a good friend who's a Marine and he loves it. He just got back from his first deployment being on an aircraft carrier that was involved in helping with the liberation of Libya. The only downside I've heard from anybody is his wife got kind of upset over his deployment and the thought of future deployments, since they're at the point now where they're wanting to have kids in the near future, and he's wanting to make a career of it. As far as that goes, you can pretty much figure up where you are in your life as far as family and marriage and decide how comfortable you would be should the need of deployment come up. Other than that, my friend is totally happy with it and wants to make it his life's work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back