MAP sensor inside MAF sensor? Is that right? O_o

Ghaleon64

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So getting P0108 engine code, did a little research and looks like MAF or MAP sensor may be bad. Is this all one unit? I went and got a refurb MAF sensor, see if that works but if not, where is this mysterious MAP sensor located? 06 V8 Sport, btw. :)

Gracias!

That code is for MAP or BAP.

The BAP is part of the MAF sensor.

The MAP is part of the EGR valve assembly. Check the vacuum lines to the valve and the one that runs from one part of the valve to another part first.

Ah, I see... So the BAP is in the MAF assembly and the MAP is in the EGR assembly. Confusing. :p

All the lines seem OK, there is the one line that runs out and under the EGR assembly with a heat shield around it. Checked all but that one since it's buried. All seem OK upon visual inspection...

Battery currently unhooked to reset code, new MAF installed. Will see what happens in a couple hours. Parts store said they could return it within a few days so if the light comes back on I'll take it back and consider replacing the EGR and see if that gets it fixed.

I love you Joe. You're so knowledgeable! :D

Grr... Guess I'll try replacing the EGR next. :)

At least trying a new MAF won't cost me anything. Long as I take it back soon.

You are very lucky! Most stores won't take back anything with an electrical plug once it's been out of the box!
Check the service manual - there's probably a diag tree for this condition instead of throwing parts.

O'Reilly, they treat you good. :)

Service manual, good thinking. Never had to look at it before, not even sure I have one... Though from what I've read up on it, there seem to be three major culprits: leaky vacuum lines, faulty MAF or faulty EGR. Hoses look good from what I could see, trial and error time.

O'Reilly, they treat you good. :)

Service manual, good thinking. Never had to look at it before, not even sure I have one... Though from what I've read up on it, there seem to be three major culprits: leaky vacuum lines, faulty MAF or faulty EGR. Hoses look good from what I could see, trial and error time.

The factory service manual has no info on this or related problems, other than how to change out the parts. For diagnostics on such problems, you need the factory emissions diagnosis manual.

Which I KNOW I do not have. :p

I'll trial and error a few more things before I take it to the shop.

Just a quick question for anyone out there.. Is it possible to just take those star crews off and remove the individual MAF unit instead of taking the 4 bolts out and yada-yada? I just put the heat shield and an intake on and it was quite the pain.

Would really like to shoot it with some CRC MAF cleaner as I've had an engine light and I believe it's the culprit. Unfortunately, it is ILLEGAL to have the local parts stores check for codes here in hawaii. And, this is just something I'd like to do.

Thanks.

Sure.
All you need is a Torx bit with the notch in the middle to clear the bump.

Thanks. Interestingly enough the engine light went away after the install without a battery reset so it was pretty dope. Thanks again.

Members online

No members online now.
Back