Many thanks to this community

Reverend

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I wanted to thank this community for the wealth of information and knowledge that is within these forums.

I purchased my '02 LS V8 (silver frost) in August and have done quite a few little tweaks to it. So far, I am very happy with everything.

When I bought the car, it had a misfire (saved lots of $$$) so a friend of mine (THE BROWN!!!) and I replaced all spark plugs, coils and the valve cover gaskets. Since then we have added/performed the following:

KKM Intake, white-faced gauges (I didn't think much of it; B-Day present, but VERY nice), WeatherTech Wind Deflectors, KudaUSA mount (black via eBay), LS leather version automatic shift knob, a new head-unit wired to an 80GB laptop hard-drive mounted superbly in the glovebox with a little RadioShack wiring for power, EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads (front only), Royal Purple engine oil, new lights for the headlamps and foglamps, replaced the center armrest (cig. lighter burn in dead center).

I have a lot more to do... tinting the windows for one... and purchasing the chrome grille is a must. Ends up that I have a hood ornament in mint condition from the 2003-2007 range Town Car that I am REALLY debating putting on the LS. Also, I have a knocking or rattling sound that I can't tell where it is coming from, engine or transmission or something else all together. Debating doing a transmission flush and filter change ($200+ *sigh*).

Again, thanks for all the walkthrus, tutorials, links, pictures and opinions on this community forum. And thanks to Ken Garrison @ LSKoncepts.com. :cool:

Thats cool, I never heard anything of wire a hard drive to a head unit. Is there a way you can further knowledge me?:D

Did you have the wood grain shifter or was the leather getting old?

Thats cool, I never heard anything of wire a hard drive to a head unit. Is there a way you can further knowledge me?

Some newer head-units take "USB Input". A lot of them are for the front, but some are rear USB ports. I simply ran it to the glovebox to a USB hard-drive case for a laptop hard-drive. Laptop hard-drives require little power, but the head-unit didn't quite give enough to power it. They are usually meant to power USB thumb drives unless you buy something higher-end. A little RadioShack work wired to a cig. lighter and I was good to go. I am not in LOVE with the unit from Crutchfield, but the options and setup are what I needed. The controls on the dash SUCK. WAAAY sensitive. But the remote control is perfect.

Note: The hard-drive is mounted and done in such a way that I can replace the stereo itself while just requiring the option of USB input again in a new one. It was only $200, but good features and it serves my needs.

Did you have the wood grain shifter or was the leather getting old?

Wood-grain shifter. I hate the wood-grain in the car. I want to get it all redone. I posted about redoing all the inside molding pieces last week here. Looking for options; currently working with a silver vinyl. Also, the black leather knob matches and equals out the black leather Kuda mount from KudaUSA. The black ones are 1/2 the cost of the regular ones via eBay.

My wooden one stained with water spots or some kinda spots the day I put it on. I think my wife used some crap to clean it and ruined it so I was wondering if you would sell yours cheap.

To each his own but I feel the wood is sharp and classy, all my last 3 cars had to have the simple wood accessories but I never went over board and getting some of those kits that do everything in the damn car! I would prefer something in a dark cherry,...mmmm I like that look I think it looks luxury!

Thanks for the USB heads up, I'm looking to update my head unit and if I don't get the flat out avic navi Ill look into something like this but I really need to stay double din.

I wanted to thank this community for the wealth of information and knowledge that is within these forums.

I purchased my '02 LS V8 (silver frost) in August and have done quite a few little tweaks to it. So far, I am very happy with everything.

When I bought the car, it had a misfire (saved lots of $$$) so a friend of mine (THE BROWN!!!) and I replaced all spark plugs, coils and the valve cover gaskets. Since then we have added/performed the following:

KKM Intake, white-faced gauges (I didn't think much of it; B-Day present, but VERY nice), WeatherTech Wind Deflectors, KudaUSA mount (black via eBay), LS leather version automatic shift knob, a new head-unit wired to an 80GB laptop hard-drive mounted superbly in the glovebox with a little RadioShack wiring for power, EBC Greenstuff Brake Pads (front only), Royal Purple engine oil, new lights for the headlamps and foglamps, replaced the center armrest (cig. lighter burn in dead center).

I have a lot more to do... tinting the windows for one... and purchasing the chrome grille is a must. Ends up that I have a hood ornament in mint condition from the 2003-2007 range Town Car that I am REALLY debating putting on the LS. Also, I have a knocking or rattling sound that I can't tell where it is coming from, engine or transmission or something else all together. Debating doing a transmission flush and filter change ($200+ *sigh*).

Again, thanks for all the walkthrus, tutorials, links, pictures and opinions on this community forum. And thanks to Ken Garrison @ LSKoncepts.com. :cool:
Glad to help out with your LS projects. I know when I started working on my LS 5 or so years ago there weren't that many aftermarket products available for the LS. Working the the folks here on LvC and LLSOC we have been able to locate and make a lot of products available for the LS.

I'm heading to the SEMA show at the end of this month. I'm hoping that I can round up more aftermarket products by speaking with the manufacturer's directly. I plan to have a picture gallery of products and cars from the SEMA show while I'm there.

My wooden one stained with water spots or some kinda spots the day I put it on. I think my wife used some crap to clean it and ruined it so I was wondering if you would sell yours cheap.

Yeah, man. Just got it in Saturday, and haven't installed it. One, I ran out of time and two I didn't see an easy way to get the old one off. Usually there's a pin or something. Feel free to enlighten me. We can probably work something out for it. Mine, as far as I can tell, is in excellent condition. I'll double check for any spots, dings or whatever when I go to lunch today.

Edit: I just checked eBay and there are 2 of the wood-grain ones for $37.20 after shipping. Again, I'll check mine at lunch for quality. If you want to go eBay, go right ahead. If through me, I don't really need $$$ for mine so we can work something out on the cheap-cheap. :cool:

This is what I was thinking of. I have the ornament.

S2010681_hood_b.jpg

S2010682_hood_b.jpg

... But I don't think it will look right without the chrome grille from LSKoncepts.

I didn't see an easy way to get the old one off. Usually there's a pin or something.

its easy, although it takes some effort. on the shifter, you have to pull/push down on the black plastic skirt with the chrome belt. then it will fall to the gear map and reveal a screw, remove that and you should be gold

I wouldn't do that myself but if you were to fill in the Original emblem space and maybe paint the chrome or get the LSE grill ( 1st gen ) to match your color it may look OK. Typically I don't like the non-sport bumpers but that may be just enough chrome if you painted the grill to make the hood ornament look good. Some old guy in the Lehigh Valley drives around with one but he has all kinds of chrome crap everywhere to pull the ornament off.

Maybe even move it up onto the top of the grill. Make it part of the grill.

I wouldn't do that myself but if you were to fill in the Original emblem space and maybe paint the chrome or get the LSE grill ( 1st gen ) to match your color it may look OK.

Well, I did think of the "there's now two lincoln emblems" thing but... look up the Lincoln Town Car. It has both, and looks fine. Here let me find some links...

Black 2007 Town Car
Silver 2007 Town Car
Silver 2006 Town Car

So, it is the way they do it. And with the chrome grille on an LS, I think it'd be sharp. Not going for true sporty. Going for sleek luxury sedan... "professional". Eh.

its easy, although it takes some effort. on the shifter, you have to pull/push down on the black plastic skirt with the chrome belt. then it will fall to the gear map and reveal a screw, remove that and you should be gold

Thanks!

To each his own, but thats how I would do it. To much chrome "IMO" can be overkill. I dont like the chrome bumpers so maybe my oipinion is biased anyway.

Both emblems on does look OK, but I just think that may be overkill also, kinda noisy in a artsy way of saying it.

Both emblems on does look OK, but I just think that may be overkill also, kinda noisy in a artsy way of saying it.

I agree. At least 1/2 way. The Town Cars been done that way make it feel alright. And I do agree on the chrome. The only other chrome I would do would be the grille. The bumpers.. eh.. if it were cheap to switch it out, I would. I wouldn't add any other chrome. Hell, I am thinking of taking a heat gun to the "Lincoln LS V8" on the back of the tail lights. And I REALLY want to remove the pin stripe on mine.

Again, sleek and professional. As far as chrome goes... this ain't a Harley-Davidson. :cool:

Edit: Oh and yes I ripped of Ken's V8 tag. DAMN it looks sweet, though. Few cosmetic changes I like, and that is one of them.

Cool man like i said to each his own.

For the rear emblems across the lights all I did was just peel them off the same day I got the car. I supose if you have a heat gun or even just a blow dryer that would help.

The only emblems I have on my car is the front and rear lincoln star, I even got rid of the LS bagde on the fenders. It makes for such a cleaner sleeker look.

Let me know what the situation is with that shift knob after you put it on. I may have a goody for yah if you would like.

Members online

No members online now.
Back