Manual conversion?

1badd7

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've owed my '04 Navigator Ultimate for about 4 years now and I've gotten pretty bored with it. I've always like manual transmissions so I'm considering converting my Navi' to a 6 speed manual by using a tranny I have acess to from a gt500. My questions are: 1) has anyone done this before? 2) will this tranny bolt up? I am expecting to have a little better 0-60 and 1/4 mile times and also pick up a few mpg's so I think it's a win/win.

Thanks in advance for all of your help, I know this will be a tough project.

It will also ruin any chance of resale/trade. Why in the world would you want a manual in a full size SUV? I would be willing to bet no one has ever done it on here.

Like I stated above, the 6 speed will give me better pick-up off the line and give me a "sportier" feel overall, also my Navi' is an '04 so it only has a 4 speed transmission in it so I also believe it'll give me better gas milage

I have to admit ive kind of wanted to do this in my 04 lincoln aviator. I think that thing would be a blast to drive with a 6spd. And i dont really care about resale as i plan to keep it for a while, especially if i were to do something like this.

It will also ruin any chance of resale/trade. Why in the world would you want a manual in a full size SUV? I would be willing to bet no one has ever done it on here.

ME!! That's like asking who wants to drive a luxury car that's a manual, the answer is ME!! This is why i bought my LS.

To help the OP with how to get started i would look at 98-03 F-150 and compare them to how the pedals are on the 04+ The reason for this is that the 4.6l v8 was available with a 5 speed manual and that might be a way to source your clutch assembly.

As far as the 6 speed bolting up i thing it will unless they change the bolt pattern of the modular 4.6/5.4 between the 03 and 04 model year. I don't know the answer to this question. I hope your navi is 2wd as this will make things much easier.

Members online

No members online now.
Back