Manual conversion on Mark VII

92lsc

LVC Member
Reaction score
I havent seen one yet on a mark VII, but Ive heard its been done quite often. Is there a site to explain what all needs to be done. I have only seen on a crown vic with a 351 swap and a manual conversion at a car show. That was some piece of work.
I hear people doing supercharged and normally asperiated 4.6L engine swaps on there mark VII, Is there any reason for that?

http://www.tnmotorsports.com/5spd.htm

Disney did mine last fall. It rocks!

consolewknob.JPG

This is true. :D

Also, on the 5 speed thing...the pedals are the hardest part of the swap. Too many damn wires under the dash to get the old out and new in. We yanked the steering column out to make it easier. There's also a pad under where the clutch pedal would sit. You have to make sure to remove it so that the clutch pedal has enough room to travel.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Here are more pics...and NYCLSC is correct in his replies...

411342_152_full.jpg

411342_24_full.jpg

Get to working on your conversion...the fun factor brings the LSC up to a 8 at least. However, make damn sure you upgrade the gears first..at least 3.73's. To make your LSC have a fun factor of 10, add a supercharger.

411342_147_full.jpg

BMN

previous owner did the conversion... i did a clutch a year ago... 5 speed is the way to go.. i have an automatic also and theyre 2 completely different cars

IM001548.jpg

riccorizzo said:
previous owner did the conversion... i did a clutch a year ago... 5 speed is the way to go.. i have an automatic also and theyre 2 completely different cars

Now I can't imagine The MACHVII without the 5-speed.

Bryan rocks!

Murderously Yours,

MACHVII

Members online

No members online now.
Back