Make the vibration end!!!!

Nicelysedated

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My car has a vibration over 60mph and it is driving me f@#$ing insane. I have changed tires and wheels and it does the same thing. When i bought the car the dealership had just put new rotors on it so I think that might be it from reading previous posts. I trying to figure out what might be the best thing to do first so i dont waste a bunch of money hunting this problem down. Here are the particulars:

- vibration above 60mph
- worsens depending on road surface
- worst at around 80mph
- had it with the stock wheels and tires and with the new 18"s I put on
- you can watch the steering wheel vibrate

any help would be great

Ok, what you need to do is make sure your wheels are balanced and your car is allined. If you get over 80-85, does it start to go away? I had a problem whereI wouldfeel the vibration at 60 and around 80 it would shake the car, but if I got up around 90 or 95 it would stop. If I let off the gas it would vibrate HORRIBLY. All I did was take it to the nearest tire shop and they balanced everything and it was fine.

rotors could be bad. more than likely a road force balance and alignment will resolve.

dachamp said:
I Think Thats Normal Mine Does It Sometimes Too

Not normal at all, I'm cruising at 80 almost everyday on the Interstate and I don't get a vibration at all.

i have the same bull:q:q:q:q i took it to the dealership and they did not know what it was, they ran all kinds of tests on it. it has nothing to do with tires or brakes, my dad thinks it's the torque converter, but my car does it at 40-50 MPH and then it's gone but i also had a bad coil on the third cyclinder but i got it fixed and it feels better but it still stutters a little bit tho.

i'm gonna buy new tires and when they get balanced ill have them road force balanced. After that i guess ill start replacing brake parts. It does start to go away after 80 but never completly. I bought a luxury car to enjoy the smnooth ride not to fight to hold on to the steering wheel. Other than this the car is great.

Nicelysedated said:
My car has a vibration over 60mph and it is driving me f@#$ing insane. I have changed tires and wheels and it does the same thing. When i bought the car the dealership had just put new rotors on it so I think that might be it from reading previous posts. I trying to figure out what might be the best thing to do first so i dont waste a bunch of money hunting this problem down. Here are the particulars:

- vibration above 60mph
- worsens depending on road surface
- worst at around 80mph
- had it with the stock wheels and tires and with the new 18"s I put on
- you can watch the steering wheel vibrate

any help would be great

I'll bet its not the brakes. I'll also bet either the driveshaft or rear half-shafts are out of balance. I've heard of this happening on some cars, and they had the exact same symptoms you described.

i don't think the driveshaft or half shafts could be out of balance so bad that it would transmit through the steering wheel the way it is. I'm gonna check the ball joints, which i was told that you grasp the rotor and try to shake it to see how much play there is. I'm gonna buy 245/45 18 Avon MS550 tires. They don't cost that much and they are the highest rated tire for that size on tirerack.com.

Nicelysedated said:
i don't think the driveshaft or half shafts could be out of balance so bad that it would transmit through the steering wheel the way it is.

Is the vibration just in the steering wheel or is it throughout the whole car as you drive? Can you feel it in the seat?

mostly in the steering wheel. You can notice a little bit in the seat. A passenger in the car really wouldn't notice the vibration.

Nicelysedated said:
mostly in the steering wheel. You can notice a little bit in the seat. A passenger in the car really wouldn't notice the vibration.

OK. If you take it to the dealer, have them check the front A arm bushings & dampers. The front A-arm bushing in the LS was intended to reduce the steering wheel vibration. This might be the cause. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back