Major Beating

Black03

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, on my way home tonight in the rain I got sideways in the LS, hit a curb. I broke, yes broke, my left rear wheel. My axle is now turned, steering wheel is about 90* to the right in order for me to drive straight. I think I'm gonna have to get it towed into the Lincoln dealer to have it fixed.

Am I better off letting Lincoln order a wheel for me or should I look for one on my own? Are there any good sites out there for it?

If it's gonna cost too much I rather go to an aftermarket 17" wheels.

Black03 said:
Well, on my way home tonight in the rain I got sideways in the LS, hit a curb. I broke, yes broke, my left rear wheel. My axle is now turned, steering wheel is about 90* to the right in order for me to drive straight. I think I'm gonna have to get it towed into the Lincoln dealer to have it fixed.

Am I better off letting Lincoln order a wheel for me or should I look for one on my own? Are there any good sites out there for it?

If it's gonna cost too much I rather go to an aftermarket 17" wheels.

See if you can get an estimate from the Dealer - Post what they say and let those that know from this site advise from there.

eBay my have a wheel for you! - 5 Star from this site will give you a great deal on a wheel.

Ouch! I hate to hear you had a wreck. Hopefully you didn't get hurt or anyone with you.

I'd search on eBay for a spare wheel. They pop up there from time to time and will MUCH cheaper than the dealer.

I couldn't find anything on there when I looked. I'm searching for a good set of aftermarket wheels right now at a decent price. I'd rather spend $600 on a new set instead of $300 on one replacement.

Anybody have a good site for LS wheels? The best I've come across so far has been Discount Tire Co. Didn't like what I saw on tirerack or any other site.

That's where I bought mine. $600 on the rims, and $400 for tires. I had stock 16" before, and wanted 18's, but decided to save some money on 17's.

I just called Lincoln and they are telling me I need to go to the collision center, which isn't opened on weekends. I'll have to wait till Monday before I know what's going on.

I wouldn't mind going for 18's, but I'm gonna be lowering it soon, not sure what will fit then. Also, I have the 17" tires on there now, won't have to buy new rubber if I stick with 17's.

Black03 said:
Anybody have a good site for LS wheels? The best I've come across so far has been Discount Tire Co. Didn't like what I saw on tirerack or any other site.
ls_red_wheels.jpg

Check out CDC 17" LS Wheels

$140/wheel + $70 S/H

Black03, the CDC wheels are now $100/wheel. But you'll have to call them. I like the ones from discounttires.. Looks NICE!!!!

There's a place in Springfield Missouri that I picked up 4 really clean 16 inch LS rims for mine for $180 plush shipping, (like 40 bucks) Actually, these are my winter rims. It's Mitchem Tire... ask for Cory, 417 882 3100. They took very good care of me. I just got mine a month ago.

I like those CDC wheels though.... they look good. One other thing, please don't tell me you're gonna reuse the tire that was on the rim you grenaded... you could be asking for a serious tire malfunction at some point done the road.

I'm planning on using it. The wheels isn't in that bad of shape. The tire is on there right now and it's still holding air, just broke off a small piece of the rim.

I have the cdc wheels on my black ls. I sold all 5 of my oem 17" five stars on ebay and ended up getting about 75 bux a wheel. I bought 5 of the CDC and in the end had about 25 to 30 bux in each one becasue of the money i made back on my OEM wheels.

The cdc wheels come with lug nuts as well so if you have an LS with the crappy lugs you will be buying a fix for that issue as well. replacement lugs go for about 5 bux each IIRC.

lol, yeah. Got my estimate back and I'm gonna have to claim this through insurance. The price of just one wheel was $500+. I also said something to them about my drop springs, he said they would put them on for me since they will have the rear susp torn apart and have to re-align when they are done.

Getting a drop and new wheels out of this.

Where are you getting those CDC wheels from? I clicked the link and it was dead.

kleetus said:
Where are you getting those CDC wheels from? I clicked the link and it was dead.

Call CDC direct at 1.248.624.7997. You can negotiate with them on those wheels.

GrayGhost1 said:
Call CDC direct at 1.248.624.7997. You can negotiate with them on those wheels.

Yep. I did. Basically got my 5th wheel for free. So even the spare matches. Can't go ridin' around on a bobo tire that doesnt match now.
:L

I just ordered mine. The lady told me $140, I said I knew of a couple guys who called in and got them for $100, so she said "ok, why not." Then I thought I should have said $90 each, lol.

They should be here within 5 bus days.

the look really nice on the black LS. They are a Pain in the :q

but we all know that the black ls is the best looking any way. :)

oh i don't know that red one is lookin pretty nice. never thought that red could look that good. red isn't a favorite color but sure looks good on that ride.

Members online

No members online now.
Back