Maintainance Questions

MichiganTeddyBear

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
HI, I have a 91 Continental, that needs some help... and therefore I need some help too!

1st, and most important to me, I need to change the power steering pump. Bearings in it are shot (lots of noise, gets REAL hot REAL fast). I know its not the idler pulley that lives right below it, just changed it (was bad too). What I need help with here is 'how in the hell do you get they pulley off the pump?" Is it pressed on, or screwed on. My original pump has a hex socket in the end of the shaft, if that means anything. The replacement pump is a press on pulley.

2nd, and less important to me, is that all the dimmable dash lights do not dim when lights are on. Dimmer not getting any power it seems. They did dim before I performed the 'check DCL' repair (the contacts were real bad on mine too), but now they don't dim. Exactly what is happening is when lights are on, the digital backlights stay same brightness, the climate control button lights come on (with the digital staying same brightness), the ashtray lights (again, no dimming), but the headlight switch and gear position indicator do not light. There is no radio in car at the moment, so I don't know what its doing. I could probably find problem myself, if someone could send me a partial wiring diagram for the 91 continental (just the stuff regarding lighting), as I am very good at electrical repairs (do it for a living, but I also have all the info I need). All the fuses are good too.

I feel like :Bang

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Members online

Back