Magaflow Sound Clip Videos Needed

M4rk

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Those of you with Magnaflow mufflers (mufflers only, resonators in-tact) I have a favor to ask: Could someone take a minute to record a few video clips for me please? I am looking to hear the 'flows on cold startup, until the RPMs drop back to normal idle levels, preferably in a garage or closed environment and without wind noise. As well, some cabin cruise (1000-2000 RPM) videos with the windows closed, and some slow drive-bys.

I have scoured YouTube for hours, but I need to hear more before making a decision.

Thanks in advance!

Let me see if i can do some since ive had a few requests.

Trying to decide on volume or sound?

@Mechanicboy Sorry, should've been clear on that. I am looking for V8 sounds as my LS is a V8.

@BlackLS06 That would be great!

@Alax7 Sound, more or less. You and Drizzle have other additions (no resonators, X-pipe) which makes them too loud for me. Owlman had a few Magnaflow videos up, but he deleted them. I know some other members (Luebbe) have the mufflers only though :D I am looking for a slightly deeper tone with minimal increases on idle and cruise, and better sound under throttle. Mina mufflers for the S-Type do exactly what I want, but not for $900..

@Slick Have a meet in Barrie and I'll come :p

The xpipe and resonator delete still doesn't make the the idle very loud.

It can be heard under wot well but it's not loud and annoying like a truck with glasspacks.

I would imagine this would be the same for the V8's... [i have a v6 - with Magnaflow 11225's]

My Xpipe actually quieted the exhaust down a bit.

definitely less bassy/droney.

I recommend Bassani mufflers. Had two different set-ups with Magnaflows and didn't like either.

I saw your and Alex's videos on YouTube. They sound a bit raspy IMO: http://youtu.be/Na_XBnjDTXk 0:20 and 0:23, I don't like that sound.

I might try Borla, since no one seems to have done that yet. I definitely want a more Euro sound that isn't raspy (Bassani) nor throaty (Flowmaster).

Mufflers sound different on video compared to in person, video does not do the bassani's justice. The thing about mufflers that I noticed, maybe it only happens to me, is that they sound different heard in the car compared to being outside hearing your car drive away. The bassani's sound great while driving it, euro muscle sound, but have a different sound when hearing it drive away.

I first had borlas and while it sounded nicer than stock, the volume, to me, was not that much different. Whats the point of going through mufflers for sound if you can barely hear them while driving. I don't like super loud mufflers, but borla was just way too quiet and not worth the money to invest on if I couldn't hear them. Many members just want a nice but quiet exhaust sound so borla is perfect for them. Want a little more volume, get magnaflows, more volume get bassani's, more volume get flowmaster or slps resonators.

What he said.

Even the loudest exhaust on our car is like a mild mustang note. It just doesnt have that 4.6 dohc sound. But it does sound pretty good and better than stock.

I hate the stock sound of the LS...all your hear is the engine belt and pulleys.

I have a MF cat-back on my car ('02 V8) as well as an aftermarket intake duct and cone filter sourced from LSK. The combination of the two is just right. It's a Lincoln, after all, and doesn't take well to crudeness. I have a custom SS 3" exhaust system on my '63 F-100 including an 'X'-pipe and a pair of Bassani 36" mufflers and that combination is just right for that vehicle as well.

The 'X'-pipe removes raspiness.

KS

I went the the best flowing exhaust options.

I could have gotten louder mufflers but i wanted increased performance and not just sound. The x-pipe does quiet down the idle a bit although to me at least it made the wot louder.

The intake also adds tone. Only thing i could do now to open it more is get high flow cats.

Members online

No members online now.
Back