MAFs Junkyard Upgrade?

ZacUnknown69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just the other day, I had the unfortunate event of a tiny wire breaking inside of my mass airflow sensor. So the car runs terribly, misfires, and no parts stores have an OEM replacement. And, of course, being the weekend - junkyards aren't open. Soooo, I figured might as well get the best one I can. If anyone could tell me, what vehicle would have a direct fit MAFs for a '95 Mark VIII? I'd prefer it to be better than the stock MAF, but hey - whatever it takes to get my car up and running. Thanks, y'all!

U pull r parts are open on weekends
Just get a stock one you won't see any benefits firm a better one without a tune for it

U pull r parts are open on weekends
Just get a stock one you won't see any benefits firm a better one without a tune for it

Sadly, I'm the only one in town with this car. What car would have a MAF I could pull that'd be the same or better? I do have a Jet performance module chip installed if that helps any.

the mark viii maf is the go to for other performance fords of the early to mid 90s.
its quite good, just get another one.

Continental
Where in mn are you?
Gen 2 will also work with most v8 ford's in the same era.

Continental
Where in mn are you?
Gen 2 will also work with most v8 ford's in the same era.

Central Minnesota, Alexandria actually. And my Mark is a first gen, plus the only Continental I know of is a V6. Unless that uses the same MAFs?

I'm a little over 100miles from there.
But this is about 40 miles from you and they list one
http://www.windyhillautoparts.com

And there open 7 days a week

Oh! Wish I would have seen that sooner. But! I did get the parts I'm after though, there are some problems. Little 2 part story here, so...

MAF; I searched every Lincoln my local yard had (woo, 4) and they had a different connection than my MAF. Though - I started searching ever mid 90's Ford car I could find. And got 2 MAF's from a Ford Taurus and the Mercury equivalent. They fit and are both the "70" stamped on the bottoms. So, being that's the best I could find. I got home, cleaned it off, disconnected the battery, put the new Taurus MAF in, made sure the connections to my ECU and Jet Performance chip were clean and solid. Hooked it up, and viola! It worked. Though I can drive it without chugging, only while in park when it idles it various from 500rpm-800rpms, feels like it'll die but doesnt. From outside the car it sounds like it has upgraded cams - but if it starts to go on the low-end of the RPM's it rocks the car. But a pro, and this is not a placebo, it takes off RIDICULOUSLY fast now. Its hugely noticeable. But - that idle is a concern. Any ideas?..anyone?

Sunroof motor; While I was there I also picked up a sunroof motor out of a late late 90's Continental. Exact fit, but even with the new motor in, it still makes a rapid, plastic, clicking sound. No idea why - never messed with 'em. So, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions - do chime in.

But before I close, I have to brag - I got 2 MAF's, sunroof motor, and a new trunk lid emblem for $25. Score! But thank you all for reading, I truly do appreciate the advice and information.

A bad idle can verify many things .
I'd start with cleaning the iac with some throttle body cleaner when it's running .
Spray it into the iac hole in the throttle body until the car almost dies than let idle up .repeat till can is gone.

A bad idle can verify many things .
I'd start with cleaning the iac with some throttle body cleaner when it's running .
Spray it into the iac hole in the throttle body until the car almost dies than let idle up .repeat till can is gone.

I haven't yet tried that, I was busy all day. But once I got home I just ordered a stock MAF for a Mark VIII off ebay. Other than that, anyone know how I can fix my sunroof? It makes a plastic clicking noise and will going open with help. I got a new motor for it, same thing. Any ideas?

Members online

No members online now.
Back