MAF ETC Failsafe mode

Styles

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Hope somebody can help me out here. Woke up one morning and car would not start just crank, pulled the MAF sensor car would start and drive kind of normal. Replaced the MAF sensor reset the computer drove 5 miles and boom back into ETC Failsafe mode. Now it seems like it happens when I hit the gas, so I would like to try the easy part first and check the coils. But I don't have anyway to plugin in the car and check the codes.

So my question is, is there any easy way to check the coils, and find which one is bad if any? If the coils are good my next step would be to pull the TPS Sensor, not looking forward to that one because I heard you have to pull the entire throttle body.

Any info, tips or tricks would be helpful

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Eric

thanks man for that thread, I was just wondering if there is a better way to test besides the spark plug against something metal type deal.

TPS can be replaced pretty easily. I had to do it to my LS last april-ish. Don't recall if I had to pull the TB or not. I know it was only about a 30 minute job though. Got the TPS from fastpartsnetwork I believe. Sent the wrong one initially (looked like a perfect fit for my truck!!), but we got everything ironed out. Haven't had a lick of troubles since.

Thanks guys, when I get time I will pull into a autozone or napa and pull the codes, in the mean time since the weather has been realtivly nice up here I been on my motorcycle (enjoy ridding more than driving) I will let you know what I find out. BTW I have 62K miles on this now and is of course now out of warranty. I'll post what I find out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back