MAF Conversion, thoughts on cheapest method? specifically 86 continental

stratfellow3

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I see that there are harnesses to convert and kits that come with ECU as well. What have people found to be the cheapest method? easiest method?

thanks spencer

I don't know about the conversion kits... but sometimes (depending on year of car and exact ECU used) you could loose your cruise. In yours, I am leaning towards your cruise being standalone, so it shouldnt be a problem (or at least not as big of one)

i appreciate it michiganteddybear for the quick responses glad i found these forums today, cause i knew enough to know my 5.0 block can allow that trickflow topend kit with some modding.
But that was my next question was if my cruise control would be deleted? and apparently it varies so would you know any method for me to find out? i do have popular mechanics cd for my car any way to check on there maybe? thanks if mine isnt affected then which way would you suggest converting to MAF.
Using junkyard parts? what all would i need that way, i know i will have to get a MAF specifically for the injectors and probably bigger then stock if 70mm throttle body is recommended for that kit

I don't know how to tell if yours would loose the cruise or not.. I am just going from what I have heard/read. I don't have personal experience on this area. Wish I could help some more.

you really should get the factory manual for the car.. Helm carries them, (or should). they will have much more info than anyone else can provide on a lot of items.. especially if it comes to wiring in a different ECU for the engine.

Members online

Back