MAF conversion problems - help!

87Mark7LSC

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just converted my 87 LSC to MAF with the A9L computer. It started up and idles ok but a little rough. When I accelerate it bucks. It almost feels like detonation but I'm not sure. Timing is set at 14 degrees and car ran good before MAF swap. Only idle fluctuated and stalled before with the SD setup. I need help I'm supposed to go to Carlisle next weekend!

do you have the spout connector pluged in.... sounds simple but sometimes thats all it is... sound like you might not have any timing advance. is the computer you have for a auto.. i think the a9l works with both but i'm not sure.

the only other thing i can think of is grounds... make sure they are all tight and good connections!

Thanks for your help everyone. I took a break for a day then went back to recheck everything. It turned out that I had one of the wires pinned in the wrong spot and I intially overlooked it. I backed the timing down to 10 degrees and test drove it then I bumped it up to about 18 degrees. Everything works great now. Now I can road trip to Carlisle and check out some of you guys' awesome cars.

Members online

Back