macco

What dose everyone think about maaco paint job
I've had 2 cars pained at Economy auto painting $400.00 a car But I do my own sanding before I take it to them.
This car was pained at it with two year warranty on the paint . $420.00

www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=43105

Good for drivers but not show car's. Go down to Macco and look at there finished product,

Well...

I'm sure you'll get all kind of negative answers here, but I'll give you 2¢ on what I did.

I had my 1968 Impala painted by them. I did a complete color change with an epoxy primer. I did all the body work and removed all the trim, interior and everything else I didn't want them to get overspray on. I think it was their "top of the line" paint (single stage) and the bill was $1200.

Over ten years later, I'd say I'm still overall happy with it. The car sat outside for about 5 years and that took it's toll on it. During that time, I rubbed it out (by hand) and after that it still looked new, but it needed to be done yearly to keep it looking great.

Now that the car is garage art, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. If I spent a good weekend rubbing it out now, I feel it would still look very nice. Most wouldn't believe it was a 12 year old Maaco job.

Not the best shot of the paint, but the most current pic I have of the car.

IMG_1358-vi.jpg

Here's one when it was still fresh...

yelosub-vi.jpg

My advice is to really check out the shop, and "slick" your car up as best as possible. Any paintjob is only as good as the prep. Any monkey (or Maaco, no offence to any "monkeys" out there) can squrt color on a car. The products Maaco uses are not the best compaired to PPG or the other type of "custom" products that make up a $5000 to $50,000 paint job. But if you "keep it up," I feel that you can be happy with a Maaco job.

Anyone ever used that aerosol paint remover spray to get the old paint off?

Does maaco do rust work?

Anyone ever used that aerosol paint remover spray to get the old paint off?

Does maaco do rust work?

You DO NOT want maaco to attempt rust work...

They MIGHT give you a 30 day warrenty IF they try to do something.

Be prepared to fix it again on day 31...

When it comes to painting a car..... you get what you pay for

I got a quote from them and it was actually higher than my local body shop that had a great reputation and they did a great job. Shop around first, trust me.

They did rust work on mine. It took them over 2 weeks to get it back but I'm happy. They didn't peel off the chrome trim on the bumpers like I asked and that started flaking off, I have since taken care of it on my own.

Who ever mentioned keeping it up was right, you need to keep it up

DSC00307.JPG

DSC00309.JPG

DSC00361.JPG

DSC00363.JPG

They did rust work on mine. It took them over 2 weeks to get it back but I'm happy. They didn't peel off the chrome trim on the bumpers like I asked and that started flaking off, I have since taken care of it on my own.

Who ever mentioned keeping it up was right, you need to keep it up

WoW looks good.Black is hard one to repaint.Hey My Cheap paint job is warranted for 2 years Most body shops won't give you a two year warranty.
Sorry unless your fixing a show car painting the car is no big deal. Unless your doing a color change then yes use a top quality shop.

Any monkey (or Maaco, no offence to any "monkeys" out there) can squrt color on a car.

yep I've heared that before and then I usualy laugh when the job looks like crap cuz the guy who painted it didnt know what they were doing

plane and simple. you pay cheap you get cheap just like in anything else.

do you think they can do pearl, or is that out of there league

Yes they can but cost more.

they paint more cars in a week then most body shops paint in a year.___________________________________________________________________________

my paint job with macco cost $2500 3 stage paint it is in the shop now after 4 years for some
warranty work should have it back thursday night so far I am verry happy for the money I spent with them. This might change after the warranty work guess I will see
also the macco I go to painted the MN Nova that was on the cover of Car Craft a few months ago

Members online

Back