M-Lip Spoiler and Tinted Tails

LS-N-IT

LVC Member
Reaction score
Now that the stereo is done I was able to get this done. I tinted the Red part of the taillights only. 3 light coats of Nightshades and 4 coats of clear.
I had the paint shop here make a full can of touch up paint to do the spoiler. I like the spoiler, it adds a sharp but subtle edge to the profile.

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

T3.jpg

Thanks! The dealer had told me it was Light Tundra when I bought it, and that it had a slight green color in certain light. They were totally wrong, my paint code is HJ, Pewter Metallic (I didn't find out till I already had a can of light tundra paint made.. laf)

Looks very nice! Where did you get the spoiler? And what mods did you do to your stereo?

love the lip, wanna get the same one, and you just proved to me it looks good enough to buy!!

Wow, that stereo install is really nice. I usually don't pay attention to things like that because its not my scene, but yours is very nice. You must be very handy. I could never do a project like that.

hey ls-n-it where do you get your clear? i want to re-do my tails

I just got a can of gloss clear enamal at the same auto parts store that mixed the touchup paint. Any store that has touch up paints such as Dupli color will have a good clear. I used Clear Super Enamel and it worked great.

Note: Nightshades does not state if it is an enamel or laquer.. if it is laquer then you can use a clear enamel or laquer. If it is enamel, you Have to use a clear enamel (alot of touch up paints color or clear are laquer based).
I know enamel worked, so you could play it safe and get an enamel (Unless someone else here knows a laquer will work?)
Also, I recommend using very light coats. I noticed that nightshades loves to run very easily, and the clear on top of it likes to run as well. (I used to the same clear on my touch up paint for the spoiler, I sprayed heavily and didnt even come close to getting a run)

Being the lip was already painted black, I wet sanded with 600 grit and then primered it. I wouldnt wet sand at all in between coats, as the lip is so narrow and the edges are sharp (its really easy to sand right down to the plastic on sharp edges like that). After it cured for a few days I just used some polishing compound on it, then a paint cleaner, then wax.

Members online

Back