LvC Northeast Chapter Chat 1/26/05

H

HizHonor

:soapbox: It's disappointing to say the least. There aren't enough of you showing up for these sessions. Those that take the time to show up (which are usually the same 8 - 10 people) DO engage in quality conversation as opposed to the old days of bulls**t IRC pissing contests.

So what was accomplished? I'll tell you; March 12th Meet was discussed briefly and is set to go. An April 9th Meet is pretty much a certainty in New York (Sloatsburg). A May meet will take place at E-Town on May 22nd. June 3,4 and 5 are the Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA where we all plan to be in the same area. Oh, and 'weeelz is getting his wheels!

If people joined the chapter just to see their name on a list, or if you came here just to get free tech advice or discounts on parts for your rides, well, that defeats the whole purpose of what is trying to get done here. Go buy a Helms Manual and parts catalogue.

I am getting pretty disillusioned about the whole thing and I'm ready to say adios to LvC. Not that anyone would be upset or that it would change anything around here. I'm just starting to feel an "elitist" attitude with some of the members and that just doesn't wash with me. Well, I said my piece (or peace). I may speak again or I just may not. :soapbox:

Dude I understand your frustrations, but I wouldn't leave us over it, some people don't make it, or some people fall asleep while watching "Lost" (How ghey am I?) and don't make it till 10... but don't let some bad seeds ruin the whole bag for you. If three of us meet, then we accomplished something, I'll even go to Starbucks to go meet you, you're definately one of the better LvC Members in our "niche." ;) The question is, "Is 9pm on Wednesdays the best routine schedule for us?" Maybe it's just hard, I honestly don't know, just an opinion, I know for myself that my daily commute is so bad sometimes I rush home and jump into our chat as I take my coat off! Can't believe I made the prior weeks one right after LEAVING Eric's house! I dunno, maybe it's the day, time, or something... Should we run a Poll?

Yeah I agree. Don't get all hyped up about it. The board and the chapter are great and if only 8 or 10 people want to actively participate well then so be it. Sure I would like to see everyone in the chat, although that might get out of hand. But hey I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

I also agree that we should take a poll on the day and time of our chats. I think evening is probably best but maybe not Wed. I don't know. I know why Wed is hard for me right now but that will change.

Really Hiz. don't sweat it. Life's to short. Enjoy what we have and make this the best Chapter on the board. I know I'm going to start handing out cards in my area. We need more people from the north.

HizHonor said:
:soapbox: It's disappointing to say the least. There aren't enough of you showing up for these sessions. Those that take the time to show up (which are usually the same 8 - 10 people) DO engage in quality conversation as opposed to the old days of bulls**t IRC pissing contests.

So what was accomplished? I'll tell you; March 12th Meet was discussed briefly and is set to go. An April 9th Meet is pretty much a certainty in New York (Sloatsburg). A May meet will take place at E-Town on May 22nd. June 3,4 and 5 are the Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA where we all plan to be in the same area. Oh, and 'weeelz is getting his wheels!

If people joined the chapter just to see their name on a list, or if you came here just to get free tech advice or discounts on parts for your rides, well, that defeats the whole purpose of what is trying to get done here. Go buy a Helms Manual and parts catalogue.

I am getting pretty disillusioned about the whole thing and I'm ready to say adios to LvC. Not that anyone would be upset or that it would change anything around here. I'm just starting to feel an "elitist" attitude with some of the members and that just doesn't wash with me. Well, I said my piece (or peace). I may speak again or I just may not. :soapbox:
hey jack id be upset. but unfortunately jack isnt the only one that feels this way. i have heard the same thing from other members and i feel it too. and again we knoe some of you need to work or what ever the case is an i accept that. but the rest is just very disheartening. so i will propose this between now and next wednesday i want to see posts pertaining to a new time and day to meet. if wednesday is fine for you i want to see that too. i really hate to say it but it seems that the other club for as much as we make fun of them they seem to have there sh1t together and it isnt from lack of trying on the parts of a few members that we are beginning to move ini the right direction but the speed at which we are doing so is imo unacceptable. i would also like to publicly retract a statmen that i made last night i said" i think that we are the number 2 sized chapter in this club i think the midwest chapter is larger" well i am sorry i said that i was mistaken the largest chapter of L.V.C. is infact the NORTHEAST CHAPTER with 45 members in total and about 9 active that just sucks wtf is that. like jack said if you want to see your name on a list and do nothing why not join all the chapters it wont matter anyway. but if you want to have a place to go to learn about your car learn about other cars have friends and dare i say a family unit then christ guys lets show a lil motivation. i have already seen a few instances of this "family" coming together for instance weelz and oldschool huntin down a new toy for oldschool, weelz and jamler hookin up for rims and tires,oldschool and hizhonor on their and adventures, jamler and i for shox, weelz and i for misc repairs, and it goes on but its always the same people. i have opened the doors of our meetings to the other chapter members and they are a great addition to our talks. but we need you. well i have said enough i leave it up to you.
Eric

Wow, sounds like ya'll are throwing in the towel, and I'm not too sure why.

Getting people to PARTICIPATE in the chapter will NOT be easy. No car club is an easy thing to get off the ground. The best thing we can do is plant the seed and hope it grows. If it doesn't, well, at least we tried.

I fully expected to discuss future meets, etc... last night in the chat room. When I arrived, seems that was already discussed and the subject moved on to computers, car problems, and other non-meet subjects.

Can't speak for everyone else, but the reasons I join clubs are:

1) Tech help
2) Fellowship
3) Cruising
4) Showing
5) Laughs and good times
6) The CARS
7) Other intangibles like discounts and stuff like that.

Seems anytime a bunch of car enthusiasts get together, any and all of the above will occur. And some of the above was discussed last night.

That being said, I've met Jack (Hiz) and John (OldSchool) and both are stand up guys! They know me too. I'm still getting to know the rest of you. So if it looks like I'm not diving right on in, give me some time.

Just about every message board is slow right now. And look around, its winter time in the Northeast. :eek:

BTW, no matter what night we decide to chat, the SOONEST I can arrive is 9:30, sometimes I may be later. Sorry :waving:

ok i didnt say i was quitting but i am (obviously) noticeably pissed off. i am proll the worst kind of loner out there i dont need anythin or any one. now with that being said i came upon a site that was specifically geared toward my interests and i found a club( a group of people with very similar interests) and i joined up. and not so long after that i got involved with some really good guys and not so long after that i was appointed the "leader" of an area where some of this group of guys dwell. and when i was given my title i was asked why i wanted it and what i wold do with it. and so it went. now all any of us want to do is make this chapter a better place. if making the meetin a 1/2 hour later is going to bring more bodies to the table than so be it. honestly i do not think the interest is there based on the fact that we had a meeting from 9-11 and only the same people were there.

so now i ask yah of 45 members how many of them have actually even viewed these posts? lets see i am gonna write a post and all i want it to be is like a roll call and lets see what happens from now till sunday night.
sunday night at 9:00pm(if this time is no good someone let me know we can go earlier or later but not too much) i call a chat in the room and we will see just what we got here or not. the roll call will commence at 2:00pm easterntime. today jan 27 2005 and will end at 8:59 pm eastern time on sunday january 30th
those that show will become the core of the northeast chapter and those who dont well............ ok
Eric

Yo Hizzy don't get in a Tizzy man... Chil dude It's all Good!!

Fellow NE LVC Members...

I'd like to say I think we have a one of the strongest regional memberships...
At least that's what guys like MESPOCK and MONSTERMARK say about our group when they (More them Welcome) join our sessions from time to time.

Quite honestly, it gets kinda crazy trying to keep up with everybody... in the chat room..... But AGAIN...... IT"S ALL GOOD!!! I've learned more about my car and other cars in the time I've been involved here than I can ever remember.

I think you guys are great and I'd especially be upset if such car fanatics like Eric and Hizhonor were to defect...

Lets keep together gents... See how the scheduled meets go... Spread the word. We'll get LVC stickers in our window and we are going to get inquiries. I've purused the web gentlemen, and this is one of premier sites out there!!!

That Said: I'm good with the chat/discussion sessions anytime during the weeknight evenings. I've got no problem with Wed, but if you move to another evening, its not biggie for me, however I did just start to get into that show 24, Monday nights on FOX. Just for a foundation... I'd stay away from Monday nights... Cuz I'd not participate for sure during Football season!

Just my thougts fellas..... I join this for the long haul, and would be especially sad to see anybody leave now......

JC

can u vote on the thread with the Poll so we can tally the votes for date/time

I just wanna say that rather than have 45 mildly interested guys participating I'd rather have 10 guys are are into it. Maybe some guys aren't specifically going to the NE threads or whatever. Can we send out a one time mass mail to advertise our weekly meetings?

its posted on the home page. i dont think that we can stick it in anyones face anymore than it is. jack sends reminders every week its right there in plain sight. and brent i agree with your philosophy and that is exactly what sundays meeting is going to address. because the whole idea of this was to have fun and when jack, john d , and others like myself are becoming upset with the lack of interest then it aint fun no more. so sunday night i will propose a new strategy. and unlike hitler or tony soprano (very funny btw) everything i come up with is open to debate.
Eric

Members online

No members online now.
Back