LVC Newbie

BigBalla39213

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a 05 Lincoln LS V8 and I have to say this is a great car to own. I currently work for a Automotive Part Store and has been for 15 years now. I haven't sold many parts for these cars as much as others. When I first bought this ride all the Mechanics I know said Sell It. Lol!!! I don't plan on it as of right now.

I've run into my first issue already. I was driving around one evening and stopped at a store. I left my car running and came back to it steaming from under the hood. I reached in and shut it off. The temp hand was also climbing at the time. I popped the hood and noticed a Brown Substance coming from Coolant Recovery Tank. This substance turned out to be Oil. I got it to the shop and checked the Oil. My Oil was low. Wow! Next we removed the Oil Filter. Oil and Water came running out of the Oil Cooler. So now I have a busted Oil Cooler, a Slugged up Radiator, and a Slugged up Engine. We tried to flush the Radiator but it was too bad. Not even Purple Power would unclog it. The car just kept running hot.

So me and a friend Flushed the Engine. Replaced the Oil Cooler and Radiator. We started it up and fixed it. Then about 30 mins later of observing the Engine Temps the car started to Surge. It was not Idling properly. I heard a Ding and the Check Engine Light illuminated. Then the dash reads ETC Engine Failsafe Mode and Service Parking Brake. Wow!!! We then picked up the Scan Tool and retrieved Several DTCs.

P0221
P1000
P2104
P2111
P2135

These DTCs all revolve around the Throttle Body. Initially this car didn't Misfire, but it did after we unhooked the Battery to try and clear up codes and they kept coming back when the Scan Tool cleared them. Now my LS misfires and will not come out of ETC Mode. I'm hoping changing the Coils and Plugs would to the trick.

Can anybody recommend the Best Coil replacement for my Lincoln LS?

Thanks for your responses in advance!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back