LvC NE Chapter UK Meet

Dereck

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

O.K enough of this pussying around with meets, we got a definate time and place for a meet.

It is this Sunday December 19th at 12 noon on the north bound Sedgemoor Services 2 miles from exit 22 of the M5, we will bullsh*t for a while then do lunch.

attachment.jpg

Directions to the meet:

If you guys fly out of JKF (New York) or PHL (Philadelphia) into LHR (London Heathrow), then head west on the M4 for about 110 miles, at exit 20 (Almonsbury Interchange) grab the M5 south for about 30 miles, at exit 22 leave the M5 and rejoin northbound for 2 miles and exit into the services.

I will be there with my camera and in the party mood :D

Regards

Dereck

MrsOldSchool is willing to just drive East until we get there. She's mumbling something about "just get me away from these f*ing kids".

Hmm can we bring the cars on the plane? Maybe we all need to take a cruise? I think cars fit better on ships and we better get a group rate :)

Ooooooooooooooooooo..... I get touse my frequent flyer miles for the TC! :p

Hi Guys

Still plenty of time to make it :)

There is a British Airways flight #BA066 out of PHL 7:00pm tonight, it will land at LHR 7:05am Sunday morning, this will give you just enough time to clear customs, whizz round to the Hertz desk and grab a Ford Mondeo of Vauxhall Omega, then blast out west on the M4 in no time at all you will be southbound on the M5 and almost there, a quick U-turn at exit 22 and the services will be on the left.

Looking forward to the meet :D

Many regards

Dereck

Now I "know" you're smoking more than those Cohibas! hehehehehe Enjoy your weekend! :p :wrench

Dereck said:
Hi Guys

There is a British Airways flight #BA066 out of PHL 7:00pm tonight, it will land at LHR 7:05am Sunday morning, this will give you just enough time to clear customs, whizz round to the Hertz desk and grab a Ford Mondeo of Vauxhall Omega, then blast out west on the M4 in no time at all you will be southbound on the M5 and almost there, a quick U-turn at exit 22 and the services will be on the left.

Many regards

Dereck

You forgot something - the 3 days it'll take me to translate that.

Dereck said:
Hi Guys

Many regards

Dereck

Hi Guys

Where were you all? I had a great time and the weateher wasn't too bad, 42 degrees, a little light rain and only a breath of wind.

Unfortunately Jane had a proir engagement so I set off on my own to the meet, here is a picture of the half mile to the services sign.

LvCMeetHalfMileSign.jpg

I had to pull up in the truck parking lot as it's the only place in the UK you can find parking spaces big enough for a Town Car :D

LvCMeetParkingLot.jpg

There is a nice little resturant at The Sedgemoor Service Area that includes a Burger King for all you fast food junkies.

LvCMeetResturant1.jpg

LvCMeetResturant2.jpg

Before I left the services I thought I would gas up and shuffled over to the gas station.

LvCMeetGasStation.jpg

That's 87.9 English pence per liter for gas on that sign, if you don't want to do the math at the current exchange that is $6.75 per gallon.

So there you have it, the first LvC meet and what a roaring success it was let's hope we can keep the ball rolling and have many more over the coming months.

Best wishes for a merry christmas to all the NE chapter guys

Dereck

It's great that you chose the NE chapter to take global. I'm trying to figure out why you got more response and a better turn out than I did at a local meet? No one even commented to say yes or no. Well, actually we had 3 people, one being myself, commit to showing. Thanks for the pics. That is pretty exciting.

What the hell is up with that?

:bash:

Dereck said:
Hi Guys

Where were you all? I had a great time and the weateher wasn't too bad, 42 degrees, a little light rain and only a breath of wind.
The Dog ate my Map.
Dereck said:
Unfortunately Jane had a proir engagement so I set off on my own to the meet, here is a picture of the half mile to the services sign.
Some of us actuattly enjoy breakfast without the Missus. (duck)
Dereck said:
I had to pull up in the truck parking lot as it's the only place in the UK you can find parking spaces big enough for a Town Car :D
I meant to ask you about life with a 16 foot car in a 12 foot town.
Dereck said:
There is a nice little resturant at The Sedgemoor Service Area that includes a Burger King for all you fast food junkies.
Foreign fat. I could dig that.
Dereck said:
Before I left the services I thought I would gas up and shuffled over to the gas station.

LvCMeetGasStation.jpg

That's 87.9 English pence per liter for gas on that sign, if you don't want to do the math at the current exchange that is $6.75 per gallon.
Yeah. Now we see why you were living so large when you were here. We're still at a third of that Man.
Dereck said:
So there you have it, the first LvC meet and what a roaring success it was let's hope we can keep the ball rolling and have many more over the coming months.

Best wishes for a merry christmas to all the NE chapter guys

Dereck
And what a fantastic meet it was too Bro! Thanks so very much for sharing it with us. The pictures put me right in the middle of things. As a matter of fact, it looks very much like our first South Eastern Pennsylvania FLM Meet! Congratulations Man and continued success!

codewize said:
It's great that you chose the NE chapter to take global. I'm trying to figure out why you got more response and a better turn out than I did at a local meet? No one even commented to say yes or no. Well, actually we had 3 people, one being myself, commit to showing. Thanks for the pics. That is pretty exciting.

What the hell is up with that?

:bash:
Better marketing?
Snazzy hair styling?
Cool accent (in America anyway)?

Members online

Back