LVC Business Cards

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok- I've been looking around and trying to find a way to do business cards for LVC.

I havent found what I want. The closest I have found is VISTA PRINT

Here is a stock card. It isnt the most striking but it is customizable with your Name and email, etc - and its cheap - $5 total cost for 250 - You can order your own at VISTA PRINT and use this image as a guide - Its pretty simple to order.

I am open to suggestion if anyone has other ideas.

bus card.JPG

This is pretty funny cause I was thinking about this yesterday, when I saw a youngin in a pretty nice 90ish SDV. I was going to go over and try to recruit him but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to start writing down address' and stuff.

Cards can get costly so I was looking for an inexpensive way out. Let continue to work on this. I think it's a great idea.

codewize said:
This is pretty funny cause I was thinking about this yesterday, when I saw a youngin in a pretty nice 90ish SDV. I was going to go over and try to recruit him but I was in a hurry and didn't have time to start writing down address' and stuff.

Cards can get costly so I was looking for an inexpensive way out. Let continue to work on this. I think it's a great idea.

I know, what you are talking about. There is some hot biatches that drive a MVII with aftermarket 16" rims. I keep seeing them. . . Also, I see more and more MVII around here. Just not when im in Sifrino! There is also a guy with a Blue MVII that put a 351 in and I was in Sifrino. Wish I would have gottin his number. He likes it looking stock. . .

Here is what I did for Carlisle last year, it is a fridge magnet. The other ones basically say the same thing, but they are on different backgrounds.

Joeychgo, I have an idea.... Why don't you have your webguys or just use Microsoft word make a template of business cards that are perfect for LVC.. MS Word has a program where you can design to your hearts content of the perfect business card and print it out on your home printer. All you need are the business card paper available ANYWHERE. (walmart, office depot, office max, etc)... Some paper even is cut to when you rip it off, it doesn't show any perforated edges. The program, or whatever your webguys make will allow each person to put in their info and insert it on the card to be printed.

I can print my own. All I want is a totally cool, 4 color, awesome card layout that I can download and add text to. You can buy pretty high quality blank business cards that run thru your color printer. You can even laminate them if you want.

That's all I'm looking for. How about a contest to create the coolest business card and the winner gets a free t-shirt or whatever. I don't need them commercially printed. We all have nice color printers. And we don't need 250 or 500 either. I'd be happy to print 10 at a time, James Rockford Style!
icon10.gif

LBK_LS: Well here's the thing with that. I can do the design at no cost but I have to tell you that I did the math on this and buy the time you buy good paper and the ink. It costs less to have a printer run you out 250 cards at $40 or so. But who needs 250 LVC cards?

I can do this up in any format you want and I have a HP photo printer but as I said ink and paper are costly.

Joey, After I finish up the current project I'll mock up a card design and see what you think. I have one small thing to do this week and then I'll work on this. Hopefully I can get my work work done early in the week.

LBK_LS said:
Joeychgo, I have an idea.... Why don't you have your webguys or just use Microsoft word make a template of business cards that are perfect for LVC.. <snip>

I guess you were typing as I was. That's a great idea. So you want to see a shell with a fill in your own name and email idea. Awsome, lets do it.

MonsterMark said:
I can print my own. All I want is a totally cool, 4 color, awesome card layout that I can download and add text to. You can buy pretty high quality blank business cards that run thru your color printer. You can even laminate them if you want.

That's all I'm looking for. How about a contest to create the coolest business card and the winner gets a free t-shirt or whatever. I don't need them commercially printed. We all have nice color printers. And we don't need 250 or 500 either. I'd be happy to print 10 at a time, James Rockford Style!
icon10.gif

Absolutely. I'd do it myself but I don't have the skills. And a 4 color-process card can look so hot without the pre-press charges for 4 color that doing it at home is way more practical. Plus we can change on the fly. Constantly improve. I hate the feeling of throwing away perfectly good stuff because it is outdated. I guess it comes from my business background where you print 2500 sell-sheets, give out a few hundred and then a year later you are tossing the rest because they are outdated. I think the same feeling applies here. Print on demand. Print as needed. Update often.

If we make this service available for each type of car...ie: I would like to give out cards that have my car (a Mark 8) on them. Same applies for guys I am sure that have a Caddy CTS, etc. Put up a forum where people can access a card with their vehicle on it and the info to the site, they can add their name and whatever line of info they would like to ad as a personal touch and then print out 10, 20, 200. Whatever they want. This program would lend itself to many members making a concerted effort to 'meet and greet' many fellow car owners and lead them to this site. It is a win-win for everybody.

If I knew how to do it, I wouldn't waste my time typing this, I would just do it. So hopefully, somebody with the skills can step up and make it happen.

Plus, we can easily run it thru the printer front and back and make totally awesome 4C/4C cards. Thus enhancing the Class, Style and Attitude that makes this site great.

Remember, to give is to receive.

My only hesitation in doing that was that some people dont have color printers, and those 'print em yourself' business cars can get expensive.

What I was looking for is something where

a. The card looks great overall;
b. The card can be customized for each member, adding the member's name, email address;
c. Ordering is easy;
d. Inexpensive;

We can work on a MS Word File - no problem there - I just was hoping for something better and more cost effective.

well make two versions... B/W and color.... Not everyone needs 4 colors, laminating, etc... Some to print out B/W, keep a few in your wallet.. and when your out and about.. hand em out, or put one under the wiper when you see one in a lot. NOBODY, except maybe joeychgo, or someone else would need 250... More like 50 AT MOST!!!

LBK_LS said:
NOBODY, except maybe joeychgo, or someone else would need 250... More like 50 AT MOST!!!

How wrong you are....I have gotten over 2000 business cards from vista print over a few years, and have gotten rid of most of them. You would be surprised how easy it is to give them out. I have had a few friends that owned stereo shops and such that would let me give them @ 100 and they would give them out to who ever they thought would benefit from them. I have given out over 400 LvC business cards since I printed out the ones that I have....I even gave out about 40 of the 100 magnet LvC things that I have.

Now, for you guys that want to print it out yourself......why??? You have to purchase the paper, and then you have to use your own color. Where you can spend what.....$7 for shipping/handling from www.vistaprint.com and you get 250. Now, I can not figure out the savings in doing it yourself. You can choose from what they have, and if you do not like what they have for free, you can spend @ $30 and upload your own design and you still get 250 business cards. If you printed out your own, you would spend WAY more than that for 250 cards....considering a sheet of 20 business card paper is like $6 each. You are looking at over $60 for the paper alone, and not to consider the money you MAY have to spend to get the color ink if you do not have enuf, or you run out. Those business cards are professional cards are 4 color with nothing on the backside.....so I do not see the savings....

Edit: I might see it now, I found a place that has a box of 200 business card paper, with clean edges (Office Depot). So, I see that it could save some money.....just hope you have a full color cartridge..... :N :Beer
:Bang :slam

Exactly -

Dont forget - you can leave a stack of cards at places like detail shops or maybe even your local Lincoln or Cadillac Dealer Service Counter -

I work at a printshop, I can't beat those bulk prices for low quality cards, but I can give you good prices for very high quality cards. $60 per 1000 full-color on a glossy card, but you gotta have someone else design it. I'm not gonna give you the lecture on why printing off your inkjet is silly, I'll let someone else do it. If you want any just let me know.

Those are a real nice start. I have Photoshop and Corel Draw so I'll bang up a few things and throw them out there. I do like the idea of having several choices of vehicle. I also understand that everyone may NOT have a decent color printer.

Let start by throwing around some design ideas and see where it goes. Lets take a poll and see a) who is interested in having cards and b) out of those people who doesn't have a color printer. Maybe we can help each other out on the printing part.

mespock said:
I made these up the other day!

They are rough but I thought I'd pass out the few I have to people I bump into.

I was just thinking of promoting site!!

Nice job Rich.

My point is not to be able to print a card at home for less. It is to make it easier for people to get cards. Most people won;t go through the trouble of ordering 250/500. But if they could simply toss up a file and print out a sheet, they might do it.

It doesn't have to come down to one or the other. Make it so those that want/need more can order them and the other can simply print a few here and there. Should I really calculate the cost for the amount of ink on a business card? You guys have to be kidding me, right.

What I want is to be able to have something to hand someone that I might bump into. I want to give them the web site.

I've told many people of the site but you know how that goes. Once they turn their back they forgot!

Give them a card with the web page and maybe they'll find the card in their pocket and check it out!

Anyway, I don't think it would cost me too much to print of a few sheets of the cards I made. I just want to make sure that if I do run a few sheets that what I hand out is ok by the LvC Founding Fathers - you know #'s 1,2,3 etc.

MonsterMark said:
Nice job Rich.

My point is not to be able to print a card at home for less. It is to make it easier for people to get cards. Most people won;t go through the trouble of ordering 250/500. But if they could simply toss up a file and print out a sheet, they might do it.

It doesn't have to come down to one or the other. Make it so those that want/need more can order them and the other can simply print a few here and there. Should I really calculate the cost for the amount of ink on a business card? You guys have to be kidding me, right.

Actually - Its easy to offer 3 options.....

1. A file where you can print them yourself

2. A file you can upload to vistaprint or another printer for full color cards

3. A simple file for Vista Print Cheap cards

mespock said:
I just want to make sure that if I do run a few sheets that what I hand out is ok by the LvC Founding Fathers - you know #'s 1,2,3 etc.
You have Number 2's blessing, if that matters any.

Getting pretty close. Nice, classy look. A little work on the line spacing on the bottom half and it should be nice. Now we need a harder edge one. A little more racy and 'younger'.

Members online

No members online now.
Back