LSE...What does it all mean?

GrimeTime

LVC Member
Reaction score
I plugged my VIN into a database and it told me I have a 2002 LSE. what options come stock with this model LS? The reason I need to know is because Im replacing the drivers side lower ball joint and its my understanding that they come in two sizes: 14 and 16mm. I was under the impression that I had 14mm ball joints, but Ive recently found that in 02, lincoln made an LS that looked like a non-sport, yet had a sport model suspension. I have chrome on my bumpers, but stock 17 inch chrome 5 spokes. Any help in ID'ing my LS would be very much appreciated!

Lse editions was only cosmetic changes it included a new front bumper with a drop jaw opening, round fog lamp, side skirts, 2 dual.head exoust cut outs and a gun metal 17" sport rims. If you have a lse and you have the chrome bumpers iether your vin is bad or the car has been in a accident and the bumpers replaced with the stock non.sports one, do you have Sst on hour shifter if not then most likely you don't have Sst and non sport model.

OK now that I see what the LSE looks like, my LS definitely does not have this package. my exhaust is different and i don't have LSE on my taillights, just LSV8. just confused because of the rims...maybe the previous owner upgraded the stock wheels. I also read somewhere on here (but failed to find thread again) about how maybe the seats can be used as clues to your model...I have the woven-looking black leather seats. Hard to explain, but hopefully someone will know the seats I'm talking about. But, its looking more and more like I have a non-sport model

OK now that I see what the LSE looks like, my LS definitely does not have this package. my exhaust is different and i don't have LSE on my taillights, just LSV8. just confused because of the rims...maybe the previous owner upgraded the stock wheels. I also read somewhere on here (but failed to find thread again) about how maybe the seats can be used as clues to your model...I have the woven-looking black leather seats. Hard to explain, but hopefully someone will know the seats I'm talking about. But, its looking more and more like I have a non-sport model

The basket-weave seats came on the "Sport Premium" LS. It has the sport stuff but chrome inserts in the bumpers and non-SST shifter. The seats are the give-away. It was only available for the '02 MY; and I suspect as many, many more sport models were sold than non-sports they had an abundance of non-sport inventory they wanted to use.

The basket-weave seats came on the "Sport Premium" LS. It has the sport stuff but chrome inserts in the bumpers and non-SST shifter. The seats are the give-away. It was only available for the '02 MY; and I suspect as many, many more sport models were sold than non-sports they had an abundance of non-sport inventory they wanted to use.

Ok so a sport premium it is...let me get some pics up so we can know for sure, but if it is a sport premium, what does that mean for the suspension? Same as a sport or same as base?

02 Lincoln LS Equipment Packages

It is not a sport premium, in 02 the LS had 4 packages. (Lincoln LS V6 Convenience Equipment, Lincoln LS Premium Equipment, Lincoln LS Sport Equipment, and the Lincoln LSE Package).
The Premium Equipment package is what he is describing and consists of:
Cargo net, Floor and Trunk mats w/ logos, Homelink Universal Transmitter, Memory Feature, Electrochromic Rearview mirror w/compass, Moonroof, Alpine Audiophile 6-CD Radio(12 speakers), Sport Tuned Suspension, 235x50x17 95V tires, 17" 5 Spoke Chrome Aluminum Wheels, Moisture Sensitive Wipers, Front & Rear outboard Bucket Seats w/ Nudo leather seating surfaces and basket-weave leather inserts(8-way Driver's & 6-way Passenger's w/ power lumbar).

It is not a sport premium, in 02 the LS had 4 packages. (Lincoln LS V6 Convenience Equipment, Lincoln LS Premium Equipment, Lincoln LS Sport Equipment, and the Lincoln LSE Package).
Cargo net, Floor and Trunk mats w/ logos, Homelink Universal Transmitter, Memory Feature, Electrochromic Rearview mirror w/compass, Moonroof, Alpine Audiophile 6-CD Radio(12 speakers), Sport Tuned Suspension, 235x50x17 95V tires, 17" 5 Spoke Chrome Aluminum Wheels, Moisture Sensitive Wipers, Front & Rear outboard Bucket Seats w/ Nudo leather seating surfaces and basket-weave leather inserts(8-way Driver's & 6-way Passenger's w/ power lumbar).

This is my car. So it looks like I'll need the sport 16 mm ball joint. Thanks everyone for your input!

Hi everyone,

Does this mean that this package has the same sports suspension as the sports edition?

Would it use different replacement parts than a standard LS? Is there any way to confirm this without climbing underneath and looking at the suspension itself?

Members online

No members online now.
Back