LSE Bumpers On Ebay??

I ordered an LSE from Bumperwholesale.com they have the same picture as everyone on line and about 100.00 cheaper with shipping. They advertised "Capo" or something like that which my body guy said means its a factory quality replacment. I ordered it Last sat and is expected to arrive tommorrow. I'll try and post some pics when he starts the mock up.

Seemed like a good price for the sporty front end.

While I'm on this,, I tried to find info on the LSE, and am I correct that and LSE has no VIN designation? Is there any designation on the Title? Or is an LSE only an LS that is properly equipped? Is it possible that My LS will turn in to an LSE with the front and rear bumpers and wheels?

Thanks

Definitely report back with your results. I am in need of a replacement and I am having sticker shock with the price of a new OEM piece. I would consider a reconditioned one if the quality is there.

For real, Talbotway let us all know. At that price I might have to go on and join the club!

From my limited experience, any site that claims to sell a car product for almost any make and model out there for a low price is usually a shady outfit. One example being FinishLineWheels.

I hope you get your bumper, that's some bull if they scam Talbotway

M4RK,, not disputing your help, or arguing your point,, But it seemed like both of those were from the same guy.. Im trying to stay positive in hoping that was an isolated incident. I guess we will see today if it really shipped on time.

I also am going thru my body shop so I don;t know if that helps protect me or not from a rip off.. I would hope that my shop would deal with any problem that came up, but I guess we will all know soon enough.

I am more anxious than just wanting to see my new front end, Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Hoping the best for you Talbotway. If not, your credit card or bank should have your back.

Ya. i hope you actually get a bumper. everything i read about that place seemed pretty bogus when i was lookin into a bumper a while back...

M4RK,, not disputing your help, or arguing your point,, But it seemed like both of those were from the same guy.. Im trying to stay positive in hoping that was an isolated incident. I guess we will see today if it really shipped on time.

I also am going thru my body shop so I don;t know if that helps protect me or not from a rip off.. I would hope that my shop would deal with any problem that came up, but I guess we will all know soon enough.

I am more anxious than just wanting to see my new front end, Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Thats some crazy chit! hope you get it, let us know.

I dropped off 1500.00 and my car to the body shop on the 5th. Ordered the bumpers and fender. everything is here except the front bumper. I told my body shop guy last week what M4RK said about these guys and my guy made a phone call. He was assured that the bumper was going out that day... well yesterday still no bumper,,,, another call and this time they gave a tracking number so hopefully it will be on time today.

Seems this company Bumperwholesale orders these from a company in Chicago. Chicago is a company (don;t know the name) that buys up busted bumpers from body shops and fixes them to "new" standards and then calls them "CAPPA" parts which to these body shop guys means a factory direct replacement part gauranted to fit. ( I guess cause it came off a factory car that got wrecked) Anyway I guess that is the time delay is that bumperwholesale doesn;t stock these things,, just acts as a middleman.

I will post up pics of the bumper as it comes in and gets mounted. I was told I should still get the car back by next Sat. We'll see!!

Thanks for the update, Talbotway. With any luck everything will go as planned. I think the good info you've given up to this point is enough to make me not consider bumperwholesale.com as an option.

I'd stay away from bumperwholesale. The information about BBB report filed against them that M4rk posted is one thing. There are also numerous accounts on other forums about people ordering parts and getting the run around and getting stiffed by them.

I've never publicly shared any information about my experience, but the LSE bumper I just ordered came from the ebay seller ZapBumper. The bumper was supposedly:

Remanufactured: A properly rebuilt automotive part. The item has been completely disassembled, cleaned, and examined for wear and breakage. Worn out, missing or non-functioning components have been replaced with new or rebuilt components. It is the functional equivalent of a new part and is virtually indistinguishable from a new part

When it arrived it had a crack in it and I tried to work out the situation with the seller which went nowhere. Eventually I was forced to file a paypal dispute which they never responded to. Paypal awarded me the partial refund I requested but If I would have known he was not going to even respond I would have asked for more.

Basically you get what you pay for. I tried to save $100 bucks by buying a used refurbished one and ended up costing myself $90 to have it repaired properly at the body shop.

I'd say that while I am hopefull that it still works out,,,

I agree with bullschmidt and everyone else,, $100.00 just isn't worth the savings. In my case I spent plenty for new fenders and I belived after reading the description that I was getting a newly produced part, just not from Ford.

I specificly instructed my shop to replace, not repair in hopes of making this car look as it did in 2004.

Still holding out that it is as nice a job as all I have seen on here.
But to anyone else doing a bumper job,,, I'd say you can;'t go wrong with OEM!!

Guys,, All my parts are here and going in primmer but I still have one concern,,, The new LSE bumper has no mounting holes for the fog lights. I have seen on line listing that the lights are the same as for the ford focus and they have a large strange mounting system. Does anyone know if those are the same? Anyone have any info that has done the LSE bumper mod on the brightest and easiest system to buy?

I want to get this ordered quickly so my car is all together for the meet on the 20th.

Thanks

bumper.jpg

Disregard,, Alax7 hooked me up with the FORD part# on the bracket. I'm gonna be back on track Monday!! Thanks

The shipping on that ad is through Greyhound, you pick it up at a bus terminal. Members here have described it as a safe/cheap way to have things shipped. The interesting part of the ad is they say they will paint it for a extra $180.00.

I thought I would let you guys know... I bought the bumper from the ebay ad and .. $180 painted!!! cheapest I ever paid to paint a bumper and it looks great....! Talbotway I'm glad everything ended up being legit like mines....o and Talbotway or Alax7 I would love to get the hookup on that part # aswell.... this bumper been sitting in my room for about 3weeks now..lol..

mmmj.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

bumper.jpg

This made my day! Glad to hear you both got what you paid for.

Alax hooked me up with this ford website Copy this in and you should be good to go.

56.00 each and both share the same part number. Going to get mine tomorrow!! How much was yours with paint and shipping??

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/C...HaGlzdG9yeQUEdHJ1ZbeJQwrDnn1brKWLK+LH7viyyDAr

You might want to try here for those fog light brackets. They are cheaper than www.fordparts.com

http://www.tascaparts.com/partlocat...0052&callout=2&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

How much was yours with paint and shipping??

Paint was $180.. shipping was free.... so total of $540 with a 10% discount...!!!
Thanks Trife, I'm glad we were able to make your day... and thanks Talbot and Leasr for the links.... definitely copping them next week....now that leave's me to paint the rockers and back!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back