LSC Mark VII 1990...NEED AIR conditioning

1990LincolnMark7LSC

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Need help,

My Lincoln has no air, the retard owner before me obviously didnt have the $$$ to care for this lovely riding LSC so i have been fixing it up from the inside going out (when i get the $$$ restorations will start, so hopefully soon). I need AIR though, mechanics dont want to touch a I believe it a freon system (R4 or something) and i KNOW its "illegal" to have freon from back in the day. I tried to get a conversion kit (NAPA I believe) and i guess it wouldnt work....i told him if your unsure then DONT TOUCH!!!

How do i or where should i go to get this problem fixed! And if someone can tell me why my cruise control no longer works id really appreciate it (felt like the brake pedal popped or something then it stopped working). Thankx, im new to this site and am a Lincoln fanatic!

I have a 90 LSC SE and it began to leak freom slowly. Had a local guy suck out the R12 and the oil in the compressor that goes with R12. He used a kit to replace it with the proper oil and a charge of 134. He should have put a new dryer in but didn't. Works OK but it is not as cold as R12. Also I only add to add R12 twice in 12 years. I have added 134 each year now for 3 years. AThe old system isn't as tight as it should be for 134. Lincolnlov

Ok first off, its r-12, the freon is NOT illegal to purchase or possess it, it is illegal to MANUFACTURE it. If you can get bye WITHOUT converting to 134a, do so. Also check into freeze 12, direct replacement for r12 w/o the cfc's same price as 134a.

Do you blow any air, Is it ONLY hot air, is your climate control flashing, does the compressors clutch kick on and off, are you leaking freon..?

Any shop should be able to repair it.

As far as the cruise, look under the dash, there should be a vacuum hose with a plastic threaded thing on the end and a yellow button, this should be connected to your pedals, check that.

Thankx for the help, ill be looking under the dash for that hose for the cruise as well!!!!! Ill have to check around to see about a recharge, i was told they couldnt do it anymore. And it blows hot when i turn the climate control up w/o a problem, when i turn it down it goes to just air.....sucks too!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back