LS8 Veteran needs MK8 Advice.

'00GrayGhost

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: OK, I've pretty much decided to get a mk8. I'm looking at a couple gen 1's. One is a '93, the other is a '94. I've searched and searched... My freaking eyes are killing me! I'm going to LMS and raid their catalog after I sell my LS. Anyway, I can't find what I want about exhaust. My work will be done at a local shop. (Which means the cats stay.) Is it true the 1st gens aren't true-dual? Does anybody make an X-pipe for these cars. I just want dual exhaust with a cobra sound. Do aftermarket cobra headers fit the mk8? I'm sorry for bugging ya'll but I could'nt find the answers when I searched.

Thanks in Advance, Chris.

Call Geno or PM him (onebadmk8)

He will be able to help you with everything you need... the best part... Everything is on sale!!!

Ohh and since you are in Rome NY... why not just drive to Camden and get the QX4 installed? Like 8ish done and over with!

:confused: OK, I've pretty much decided to get a mk8.

Yay for you.

I'm looking at a couple gen 1's. One is a '93, the other is a '94. I've searched and searched... My freaking eyes are killing me!

Use your Jedi powers then.

Is it true the 1st gens aren't true-dual?

True

Does anybody make an X-pipe for these cars.

Yes. Dunno who though. I know someone makes one because I have one on my 98. I think Geno might sell something like that.

I just want dual exhaust with a cobra sound.

Get a Cobra then?

Do aftermarket cobra headers fit the mk8?

No they do not fit without extensive rework.

I'm sorry for bugging ya'll but I could'nt find the answers when I searched.

No you haven't. I know there are several threads about Mark VIII exhausts and headers. :p

Thanks in Advance, Chris.

You're welcome, but my name isn't Chris.

Magnaflow also has one available do a search on ebay, and congradulations on coming over to the MarkVIII side.

Frogman, thanks for your oh so helpful replies... :p I will rephrase my questions. How hard is it to make the gen 1's true-dual? Will this give me a performance advantage?

Geno, I've checked out everything you've got. I'll be coming to you for most of my parts. Do your xx2's fit on a gen 1?

Frogman, one more thing. Are you a SEAL? Just wondering about your name...

Last edited:
Call Geno or PM him (onebadmk8)

He will be able to help you with everything you need... the best part... Everything is on sale!!!

Ohh and since you are in Rome NY... why not just drive to Camden and get the QX4 installed? Like 8ish done and over with!

I live in Rome, GA. What is the QX4?

The QX4 is lincoln motorsports cat back exhaust system w/ x-pipe

LOL @ Frog...

HAHAHAH

He did the same thing to me on PM... Smartass

Frogman, thanks for your oh so helpful replies... :p

I aim too, please. ;)

I will rephrase my questions.

Fist Answer is free. Each additional answer is 25 cents, and we do not guarantee accuracy

How hard is it to make the gen 1's true-dual?

Shouldn't be all that hard. Any good exhaust shop should be able to hook you up.

Will this give me a performance advantage?

Lincoln got an extra 10HP with true duals. But I'm sure they tweaked the tune a bit too.

Frogman, one more thing. Are you a SEAL? Just wondering about your name...

No. I'm a Human.

I was active a long time ago, in a different life, it seems.

The tune is the exact same on the LSC vs. base model. The 95 and 96 gen 1 LSC's have dual exhaust and are rated at 290hp/295lbs versus 280/285 for the base model. The only difference is the dual exhaust.

If you look at my photo gallery for my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII youll see Geno's set up. There is even a video there.

The only thing I didnt get from geno is the headers. Kooks only sells them through Super Coupe Performance and they are the only performance headers fror the Mark VIII. Anyway - my entire exhaust is LMS installed from the headers back. SO you can see and hear what they really sound like.

This thread sold me on the QX4. I had to spend a little quality time with myself after watching Genos commercial. :)

My state wont let me lose the 3rd cat but Im still looking at the mufflers at least, they look very nice on the Mark VIII

Members online

No members online now.
Back