LS Wiper Control Problems...Please Help

2004LincolnLSV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just recently bought a 2004 LS V8 (I Love It!!!) :) and the windshield was replaced right before i purchased the car. The wipers don't operate correctly, when i set it on auto wipe it will go once then not work after that. It only works on the continuous wipe settings not any of the intermediate settings...could this be from the windshield being replaced messing with the auto wiper controls?

Thanks for any help.

Is the connector hooked up? Was the windshield replaced with one that has a provision for the auto-sensing wipers?

where would that sensor be located so i can see if it is connected? and i will have to check with the dealer about the windshield...
thanks for the help

In front of the rear view mirror. Turn the key on and set the wipers to auto. If it is fairly dark, you should be able to see a orange light, looking at the windshield from the front of the hood.

I did not notice any orange light from the outside of the car when the wipers were on auto.....:confused:

Early build 2004 were the last for the rain sensor wipers, should be obvious black box just right of the rear view mirror and left of my radar detector on the inside and a 4”X5” black area with the LED visible on the outside.

Unplugged rain sensor the wipers should now work like regular speed sensitive intermittent wipers.

Check to see if the windshield has the wiper park heater grid also.

Web wipers0001b.jpg

Last edited:
Try the wiper module fuse in the passenger foot well kick panel, position #26- 5A. The other fuse cartridge is in the trunk spare tire well fuse box, #20-40A.

Good luck.

thanks to everyone for the advice...checked all fuses too...i am bewildered at this point...:confused: :confused:

i finally unplugged the real rain sensor...i unplugged the rearview mirror the first time...the wipers are working now minus the auto wipe feature...thanks for all your guys help!

Members online

No members online now.
Back