Ls v8 Repost...need advice about engine repair

2017 Taxable Income 2017 Marginal Tax Rates 2016 Marginal Tax Rates
over $45,916 up to $91,831,
,2017. 20.5%
2016 10.25%

Once again, Ron with the winn by means of a cut n paste of already known inaccurate information found on the Google machine.

Well done +1

^^^

Fair enough Rigs... I may be a dope,,, but then please expain how your tax system works. From what a French Canadian explained to me years ago... most of your tax goes into the health care system. Not being snarky... justr want to learn at this point. Fair enough???

Don't really have the time or full knowledge to explain the Canadian Tax system to you today.
However in response to your ridiculous claim that income taxes are doubling in 2017,

"The Federal tax brackets and personal amount are increased for 2017 by an indexation factor of 1.014"

see here ... Canada's Federal 2016 and 2017 tax brackets and marginal tax rates (note the bottom of chart)

also, Federal tax rates for 2017

... tax rates are not going up in 2017 and all I know is I'm in for the following for 2106,
$18,891 in tax: $13,120 in federal tax and $5,771 in provincial tax.
I've already paid $20,612 and with my OTR allowable batch meal and RRSP contribution credits, I stand to receive a hefty refund of well over 5K similar to other years.

Our investment capital gains jumps over to my wife's taxes as she's the higher earner in this household.

no Child Tax credits here!

If you wish to learn more about our Canadian tax system, feel free here: Canada Revenue Agency

I personally can't stand taxes. We have a personal accountant (friend) whom takes care of it all for us.

BTW - if taxes were to double in 2017 as you found on the (wrong) Google machine, we'd be a third world country in no time, wouldn't ya think?

Simply not possible, people would stop going to work I'm sure.

Last edited:
You make good points on what you say. If/when I get time,,, i'll look deeper into how the Canadian tax system works. Or I could just ask my tax guy in a week or 2 when I go to him.

To clarify,,, a child tax credit, (also know as "earned income credt")... is different from being able to claim a child as a dependent, (under 18 years old). Although I haven been able to do that for a long time now either.

Two different countries I guess. Not really into discussion with respect to taxes. Just wanted to make sure you understood our Canadian income taxes are not doubling this year, in one year.

None here for incomes over certain point. I think the cutoff is around 25k annual income and below. Haven't had to worry about that since the (ex)wife and I both made minimum wage and had our infant son, (around 30 years ago).

I meant to apply that we don't have kids so we can not file for any credits on such.
Not unless I somehow manage to get away with claiming the dog as a dependent. Doggy daycare tax credit? Naahhhh.

Get a legal birth certificate for your dog... and you may be able to fool the government. :D Hey... we had roughly 100,000+ dead people vote in our recent presidential election... and roughly as many "non-citizen" immigrants.

Still can't figure out how people on welfare in this country get roughly a 10K tax return,,, when they had no taxable income to begin with??? (I don't see a "scratch head" emoticon to apply here).

As far as the dog "birth cert"... it wouldn't be hard in this country. I know people that have changed their identity,,, for purposes of evasion. I used to run with a bad crowd, (that had ties to a state/city on the western side of Lake Michigan).

Members online

No members online now.
Back