LS urethane coil spring isolators... maybe...with LVC's help

04_Sport_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well... barring a couple small quirks, my suspension rebuild is finished. Finally got the rear upper arms installed about a month ago.

Sooooo... I called energy suspension the other day, and talked to someone about making isolators. They seemed a bit hesitant at first, but in my usual persistent manner, I kept talking. They took my info and if this becomes a "go", they will e-mail me. Then I will send them the one plastic Jag isolator I have for them to work from.

If this happens... it will be for the rear shocks only on the LS and T-Bird, or for all 4 corners on a 2002 or earlier S-Type, (non-electric adjustable suspension)... and on all 4 corners of an LS converted to Jaguar shocks I told them that this isolator may work on other Jags too, and maybe even the electronic suspension S-type. Time to jump over to the Jaguar forum,,, and see what I can find out.

Anyway... as the saying goes, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". At this point, I suggest that ANYONE interested in this call Energy Suspension and voice their opinion.

Toll Free Phone number:

1-888-913-6374

When someone answers... ask for someone in "product development",,, and when transferred... express your interest in the idea. If it gets to the development stage, ES will be looking for test vehicles in the California area to check fitment and functionality.

I'm goint to pass this info along to the guys on the Jag forum too,,, or if another LSer that's also on the Jag forum wants to do the same, go ahead.

Sounds great! I was just doing some research on cross over suspension parts for my 04 LS. I am in So cal and would be more than happy to allow my LS to be a test vehicle.

Can you get us an email of someone in charge? I will happily contribute. If you recall, I got PowerFlex to assist me with my Jag bushing project, they were very reasonable and accommodating. Energy might be the same.

The idea is to show interest in a urethane spring isolator,,, and since you live in the area... tell them that if the make the isolator that you will allow your vehicle to be a guinea pig.

Again,,, the only way they will make the isolators... is if they know there is a demand.

Most people that have done shock replacement on this thread... have found the factory isolator broken/cracked... sometimes to the point that it is barely reusable or not at all. A new isolator only comes with the factory shock... and stock on replacement OEM shocks is pretty much depleted.

This means buying aftermarket shocks,,, which don't come with the spring isolator. There was one company that was making an aftermarket plastic isolator,,, but these are getting hard to find too.

At this point the only way to get a good, durable spring isolator... is to talk someone into making them... and urethane is alot better than plastic.

Dev,

No, I don't have an e-mail. But I have found that an actual phone call sometimes goes further. When a personal conversation is involved,,, ideas are usually better articulated to the person listening, and they "hear" that this is more than a passing curiosity.

I talked to a guy named James, (after asking for someone in "product developement"),,, and though he didn't go into details... I gathered, (speculated), they would make a protoype mold with a 3-D printer and then inject it with the "proper durometer" urethane. This would only be if ES decides there is enough demand for such an item... and that they could make money producing it.

I remember your Power Flex thread,,, and commend you for your efforts. I considered the same... but didn't have the time to take on such a project.

I'll just throw it out there in case they don't end up going forward with this project and stock does in fact run out.... I do own a 3d printer (PLA and ABS capable) and if able to meet manufacturer quality (or close to) would happily print off spring isolators in plastic for those of us who are (way way) late to the LS scene and those of us who have been long time owners of these awesome cars.

I'd be kinda surprised if they didn't already have something that would fit, maybe from the BMW stuff they make. Just gotta compare the dimensions & whatnot

Members online

Back